Re: [Sangean803] Re: sangean ats-803a

  • John Birkett
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
      Ahhh

      Have the radio "ON"
      Push the "mode" switch to get to the clock.
      Push the "store" switch briefly ( the clock icon on the display will now be flashing ) now rotate the tuning knob to the desired time and then press the "mode" button to store it.

      You do the same for the alarm setting ( referred to on the LCD as "standby" )

      You can enter the numbers with the numeric keypad whilst the icon is flashing, but I find it easier ( if a little longer to do ) to use the tuning knob.

      John in the N.W. UK

      paul <paul.elder@...> wrote: well resetting them isn't a problem I can't remember HOW to set it in the first place but thank you :)
      Paul

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2008
        oh cool thank you very much, out of all the shortwave radios I have I love my 803 the most, when I saw my first sony digital back in the late 70's I belive, I always wanted one but the guy that had it said not to get one because it ate batteries like we eat M&M's lol but this radio has been great even on the cheap panasonic batteries I get at my local doller store.
        my first shortwave radio I had was a radio shack DX-300 I belive the model was, it was a huge Ham communications style reciever I bought it as is and never was able to get it fixed I had it in radio shack repaire 3 times at the time I used to live 3 miles form WTOP AM 1500 in Wheaton MD and it would NOT even pick that station up. my 2nd shortwave reciever is the GE P990C that came out in 1964 it was given to me by a neighber that was thinking about throwing it away it works like a charm only thing thats bad on it is the dial light, and the back pocket torn form the snaps holding too tightly where the booklet goes, thenI got a radio shack DX-375 picked that one up for 10.00 because who ever owned it, kids had colored it with a blue magic market, then I got this sangean still in the box allbe it all torn up and falling apart, but still wrapped up in plastic never been used, the gentleman I got it form said he didn't know if it worked or not but he woudl let me have it for 10.00 if I wanted it so I grabbed that up real fast took it home put the panasonic batteries that are still in it works like a charm, not had a single problem with it at all.
        Paul, N3KRV