Thanks to Matt

  • tunemann_2000
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2006
      Thanks for allowing me to join the group. I downloaded the
      owner,s/service manuals for the DX-440. I think these will be a big
      help but I hope I don't need them too much. My radio is due here about
      Weds. or Thursday so I dodn't really know what I have yet. It is
      suppose to work off of adapter but not batteries. That's something
      I'll want to remedy. I,ll let you all know what I got for my money
      when it arrives. Thanks again. Kelly
    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2006
        Hi Kelly. First thing to check for is corrosion.. Just in case.. Then the
        batteries make their connection to the Circuit board by pressure contacts..
        They need to be clean and not oxidized.Also another problem could simply be
        a broken wire on rear of battery holder.

        Hope that helps.

        Jerry

        <http://www.netiba.com/?293>

        _____