Re: [Sangean803] calling all amateur radio operators.. slightly off-topic question, sorry....

  • Barry Sherwood
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2006
      I recommend you ask that question on the ts520 group
      at :http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TS-520_820_530_830/

      They have a good group there.

      73's
      Barry, KF5GC

      --- zengmeiste@... wrote:

      > what do you think a good price for
      > a kenwood ts-520s (not the 520, not sure I know
      > what the differences are)
      > plus mike & operating manual might be?
      >
      > asking price is $265, plus shipping; sounds high to
      > me, ePay recent
      > auctions top out at about that, many are
      > significantly lower.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Robert W. Betts
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
        Hi Terry:
        As I recall, the 's' model was digital display....maybe not, I forget. Anyhow, I had a digital version of the 520

        zengmeiste@... wrote:

        I know I saw a post from a fellow who mentioned he was a ham radio guy...

        what do you think a good price for
        a kenwood ts-520s (not the 520, not sure I know what the differences are)
        plus mike & operating manual might be?

        asking price is $265, plus shipping; sounds high to me, ePay recent
        auctions top out at about that, many are significantly lower.

        I was really hoping for a 430s or 680s, they have general coverage receive.

        it's a moot point anyway, for now, as I don't have a General.
        I'm impatiently waiting to see my name pop up on QRZ.COM or the FCC site
        as having a bona-fide Tech (no code so far, though) license. Took the test
        Sept 17, I'd-a thunk it'd be filed and approved by now????? They must
        be awfully bizzy out there in Texas!

        Your thoughts are much appreciated.

        tx & 73,
        Terry Bakowski

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
          Hi Terry,

          I replied off list . If anyone would like Ham Radio info. Just
          email me directly.. I will do my best to answer your messages..

          73 Jerry N9LYA

          <http://www.netiba.com/?293>

          _____