11 meter reception

  • les and cat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2006
      I found my DX-440 to be kind of deaf up at that frequency. I never
      tried this
      but a serious vertically polarized CB antenna coax-ed in to the back of the
      DX-440 might help, also perhaps an amplifier. Otherwise no complaints,
      have listened to a lot of 80 meter hams on SSB with it and a long wire.

      Sorry this advice is late, I got way behind.

      Personally I would have to recommend a CB radio for this, but I haven't
      tried any other recievers except a Yaseu FT-707 which of course worked
      great.

      I listen to 38 lsb with a Cobra 140-GTL, 38 lsb is like the calling and
      talking
      channel for SSB CB... it's the busiest frequency, and when conditions are
      real good, it's a mess, including people trying to use it for AM. Your
      friends
      should pick any other frequency in my estimation... 37, 39. Heck even
      38 USB. I'm on the east coast. "73".