Re: [Sangean803] Line-out mod DX-440

  • nick bowick
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
      no the audio at the DIN jack is mic level a bit lower
      than line level
      it was put in place to connect to a tape recorder and
      to be pluged into the mic input jack i have wired mine
      with a shielded cable to provide left and right mic
      inputs to my computers so i can se it to recieve wefax
      and sstv transmissions

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Bill Henderson
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2005
        Can you give me some details on this, please?
        software?
        Soundblaster card or "special" processor card?
        frequencies?
        any mods to receiver (eg. bandwidth or other)?
        thanx
        - Bill H.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2005
          As far as software is concerned for a windows system
          there is a lot out there. What I use is a Macintosh
          system and for that I use MultiMode.
          Most of the programs you will find on
          http://www.google.com .
          Windows systems will run off of the sound cards line
          input or mic input. As far as frequency's the two I've
          started at is 14.230 MHz and 4.230 MHz. When I first
          started out I used the earphone output connected to my
          line-in input as sound but quality was somewhat
          lacking. It takes a while to get it right as far as
          frequency
          one problem i've had from pc's is interferance from
          the computer my mac doesn't seem to have that
          interferance. I haven't tried it yet but I was
          thinking of making an optoelectronic interface device
          that would cut out any electrical contact between the
          computer and the radio one method is to make a laser
          audio transmitter out of a simple cheap laser pointer
          and a reciever out of a photo diode so the radio and
          computer can be seperated by the length of the room if
          you have a service manual you could track down the
          audio before it goes into the audio amplifier and use
          that as your line level output as far as any other
          mods not really needed for this as you can use a stock
          radio without any mods to recieve sstv or wefax but i
          do suggest getting an external antenna which i need to
          do myself so my signal will be stronger
          and if your into recieving pictures by radio lookup
          scanner frequency's for weatcher satelittes
          sorry if some of my words are not spelled right or
          missing some leters i've tried to go back and add them
          when i catch them i have a wireless keyboard that
          works most all of the time but sometimes misses
          letters LOL :)

          --- Bill Henderson <cybercat@...> wrote:

          > Can you give me some details on this, please?
          > software?
          > Soundblaster card or "special" processor card?
          > frequencies?
          > any mods to receiver (eg. bandwidth or other)?
          > thanx
          > - Bill H.
          >
          > >no the audio at the DIN jack is mic level a bit
          > lower than line level
          > it was put in place to connect to a tape recorder
          > and
          > to be pluged into the mic input jack i have wired
          > mine
          > with a shielded cable to provide left and right mic
          > inputs to my computers so i can se it to recieve
          > wefax
          > and sstv transmissions<
          >
          > Sent using cyberus.ca WebMail -
          > http://www.cyberus.ca/