PS-now, about some of the weirdness I'm hearing....

  • zengmeiste@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2005
      rdn4sun:
      so...please! elucidate!

    • rdn4sun
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
        --- In Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, zengmeiste@a... wrote:
        > rdn4sun:
        > so...please! elucidate!
        zeng,
        I have caught many of the big broadcasters and enjoy hearing the news
        or music with a local slant; BBC, Radio Netherlands, Taiwan, Brazil
        etc and a lot of religious shows that are typical of the genre'.
        The
        funniest one was Edgar Winter doing the old R&R standard "Bony
        Maronie" on what sounded like an Arabic station! The stations
        that
        seem the weirdest to me are supposed to be Christian but stir in a
        bunch of other political and secular stuff as if it were fact.
        "The
        Apocalypse Chronicles" on WBCQ is one example. WBCQ also has
        Harry
        Shearer's "Le Show" and a woman DJ that talks hot and
        plays good R&R.
        The strangest one was a pirate, I believe, on a Mon night at about
        2545GMT down around 3000kHz. He called himself Dr. Richard Kimble the
        Fugitive, "The most dangerous radio show on earth!", and
        preached the
        oddest mix of the Bible, confused Masonic lore and politics I've
        ever
        heard. Besides the probability of his broadcast being illegal some of
        what he said was very illegal and would not be taken as merely
        freedom of speech. I have to be subtle here so I'll just say that
        he
        threatened a particular individual with execution.
        I have also heard some number stations before I knew what they were
        and did not keep a record of when and where I found them. One that
        caught my particular attention was a man reading letters in the
        international phonetic way, "Alpha, bravo" etc. that I read
        on the
        net may be the Israeli Mesad.
        On AM broadcast I get a laugh out of shows that talk about UFOs, crop
        circles and such and there is a show at night on 700kHz for truckers
        but I don't seem to get AM as well as I would like.
        This is just a quick listing of some of the things I have caught.
        There is much more I look forward to finding. Any suggestions?

        :^)>

        PS-this hobby is making me a sleepless, chain smoking, drunk. I like
        that in a pass time!
      • rdn4sun
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 25, 2005
          --- In Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, "rdn4sun" <rdn4sun@y...> wrote:

          > --- In Sangean803@yahoogroups.com, zengmeiste@a... wrote:
          > > rdn4sun:
          > > so...please! elucidate!
          > zeng,
          > The strangest one was a pirate, I believe, on a Mon night at about
          > 2545GMT down around 3000kHz.

          errrr....that should be 1:45WTC..I think.

          elmo,
          :^O>