3802Re: [Sangean803] Re: Tuning encoder and power supply

  • Paul
    Apr 19, 2014
      One thing that can happen to LCD screens or displays is they can bleed, if it's darkening around the edges it could be LCD bleed, and the only thing that can be done is to replace the LCD, I have a couple of Minolta maximum 7000 cameras that the display is starting to bleed. That's a common problem with older LCD displays.

      Sent from my iPad...
      Paul

      I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.
      -- Attributed to Stephen Grellet, 1859 --

      On Apr 19, 2014, at 12:47 AM, Guido Santacana <foxam2001@...> wrote:

      > One wonders if the 803A has a regulator. What do you think causes the border of the LCD display to darken?
      >
      > Guido
      >

      > ------------------------------
      > On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 11:42 AM BRT joerotello@... wrote:
      >
      >> Under no-load, and coming from an unregulated AC adapter, 13.4v coming from a 9v DC output transformer-based AC adapter is just about normal.
      >>
      >> Under load, aka when the supplied receiver or equipment is powered on, the under-load DC as measured should be about 9v DC, plus or minus maybe 5% at best to as much as 10% "voltage variance", depending on the qualities of the AC adapter.
      >>

      >> The receivers generally -- but NOT always! -- have internal voltage regulators, say 5v, 7.5v, 9v, 15v, etc., that can safely handle that variance...
      >>
      >> Still, that variance and load/no-load differences is/are reasons why regulated AC adapters are sometimes preferred, (OR) we can prefer to make our own, (OR) in some cases, we can modify un-regulated AC adaptors to regulate them.
      >>
      >> All are options and choices.
      >>
      >> Joe Rotello / Knoxville, TN / USA

      > Yahoo Groups Links

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic