3797Re: FIXED!: [Sangean803] Strange display on power up

  • robert gorsch
    Apr 17, 2014
      I never really felt the DX-440 was that compelling or endearing a receiver, although I did buy one back in the 80s and have kept it alive ever since.  The radio that really won my heart was the Grundig G5: it was so sensitive, was so selective, had such nice sound that it just bowled me over.  At the time I bought a G5 I was using a Panasonic RF-2800 as my basic radio (I had used a Knight Star Roamer, a GE World Monitor, and a Kenwood R 5000 in the past).  The G5 was in so many ways the best radio I had ever had.  Why didn't they have something like this when I was a kid or a young adult (I started listening in the late 60s)?

      On Thursday, April 17, 2014 3:55 AM, Merchison Burke <merchison@...> wrote:

      Good show!

      You may be able to apply some hot-melt glue to some point near the connector which would then prevent it from coming loose again.

      I also have one of these radios but I am not emotionally attached to it.

      On 2014-Apr-16 4:46 PM, cafe-swl@... wrote:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQszbwaPa4E&list=UU0VFZvngBSYyS9Fp-iqQF3Q

      Thank you SO Much!  It was a loose ribbon cable -- Took off the top board (with the ferrite rod on it...)
      exposing the lower board - pressed down on some connectors that connect to the display and voila!

      Display back - this might be a connector that will need some attention in the future - but for now,
      it works! Phew!

      Am I the only one emotionally attached to these radios?

      I think not.

      Colin - VA7WWV

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic