3795Re: Tuning encoder and power supply

  • josephrot
    Apr 17, 2014
      RE: <<  In another story, I was powering my other 803A using what was labelled as a 9vdc wallwart. Well it turned out that the output was really 13.4 vdc!  The borders of the LCD display were getting dark and I don't know if the higher voltage was the reason. >>

      Are you measuring 13.4v at the receiver DC input when the radio is creating the drain current -- that is, with the receiver turned on -- or is that 13.4v reading at a no-load state ?

      Am asking, as many a defective wall-wart with leaky diodes or going-bad filter electrolytic can "spike" the DC output to higher than expected or safe to the circuitry.

      Joe Rotello / Knoxville, TN / USA
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic