3794Re: FIXED!: [Sangean803] Strange display on power up

  • Merchison Burke
    Apr 16, 2014
      Good show!

      You may be able to apply some hot-melt glue to some point near the connector which would then prevent it from coming loose again.

      I also have one of these radios but I am not emotionally attached to it.

      On 2014-Apr-16 4:46 PM, cafe-swl@... wrote:

      Thank you SO Much!  It was a loose ribbon cable -- Took off the top board (with the ferrite rod on it...)
      exposing the lower board - pressed down on some connectors that connect to the display and voila!

      Display back - this might be a connector that will need some attention in the future - but for now,
      it works! Phew!

      Am I the only one emotionally attached to these radios?

      I think not.

      Colin - VA7WWV

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic