      From: neilgoldstein@... <neilgoldstein@...>;
      To: <Sangean803@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: [Sangean803] New (old) owner
      Sent: Mon, Oct 28, 2013 12:07:23 AM

      I owned an 803a back when they came out.  I remember that I liked it, but I think it left my possession in favor of a Sony 2010 at the time.  This morning I picked one up at a HamFest here in Long Island.  Other than my Ham gear these days, all of my portable SW equipment is non-SSB.  I paid $40 and asked if it worked, but did not test it, as I knew the seller.  Upon getting home, I discovered it to be rather anemic on SW and MW.  After some research and reading, I did a quick sensitivity adjustment and WOW.  I remember why I liked these things.  Nice old radio.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic