3722Re: [Sangean803] rf has from plasma tv

  • Pete B
    Oct 26 11:25 PM
      blow the thing up nothin' on it anyway!

      On Tuesday, October 22, 2013 6:51 AM, Bernie Skoch <k5xs@...> wrote:
      It's unfortunately not noise that is transmitted exclusively over the power input line, so you're right; torroids and chokes will have little effect.

      The screen itself is the culprit, hence there is sadly nothing to be done aside from distancing the screen and in some rare cases reorienting it with respect to the receiver it's interfering with.

      On Oct 21, 2013, at 11:00 PM, <lgrabow@...> wrote:

      Besides distance, does anybody out there have a partial solution to plasma tv rf noise. Those plasmas are terrible. I don't think low or high pass filters will do anything. I have chokes on cables and power line but the has is really coming out of the screen for all I can tell so chokes don't really help. Please respond to group as my listed e-mail is currently void

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic