3717Re: [Sangean803] rf has from plasma tv

  • Bill Pasternak
    Oct 21, 2013
      Yes, but there is only one answer.  Move your receiver as far away as possible from the Plasma TV.  As Plasma TV sets (and monitors) actually radiate from the screen surface there is no really effective means of suppression of the various interference types they create.  A Plasma TV -- especially an early 1st or 2nd generation receiver can totally reek havoc with MF and SW reception for several hundred feet or more.  And before anyone asks, yes they are legal "radiators" under Part 15 of the FCC's rules.

      On 10/21/2013 8:00 PM, lgrabow@... wrote:

      Besides distance, does anybody out there have a partial solution to plasma tv rf noise. Those plasmas are terrible. I don't think low or high pass filters will do anything. I have chokes on cables and power line but the has is really coming out of the screen for all I can tell so chokes don't really help. Please respond to group as my listed e-mail is currently void