Hello

  • kagst@yahoo.co.uk
    Message 1 of 11 , May 3, 2001
      Hi there,
      Is this list active?
    • egoodst285@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 5, 2003
        Been pretty quiet-- I guess we're all busy!! My excuse is I've had to
        travel quite a bit & also had some boring health issues recently. Here's a new
        point :): I've been listening lately to the new June Tabor album, ECHO OF HOOVES
        & really like it. All
        trad. stuff w. mainly keyboard & chamber group accomp. Ed
      • Tepet Raddatz
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 5, 2003
          I iwll have to check that out. Just burned a copy of The Acoustic Folk
          Box...some June on that.

          >From: egoodst285@...
          >To: SandyDennyList@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [SandyDennyList] Hello
          >Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 18:46:03 EDT
          >
          >Been pretty quiet-- I guess we're all busy!! My excuse is I've had to
          >travel quite a bit & also had some boring health issues recently. Here's a
          >new
          >point :): I've been listening lately to the new June Tabor album, ECHO OF
          >HOOVES
          >& really like it. All
          >trad. stuff w. mainly keyboard & chamber group accomp. Ed

          Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy
          patented spam protection and more. Sign up now!
          http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa
        • jon.davey.
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 6, 2003
            Just to mention what's new or in this case not so new, I believe on the BBC
            web site where we can see and hear Sandy performing 'Crazy Lady Blues' there
            were possibly going to be a couple of alternative songs.

            Best wishes Jon. Davey.
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 6, 2003
              Yo gang,
              It's good to be back! (We've had worm and server problems here at
              UNO.) For what it's worth: I've read Heylin at least twice, and I find
              his book bloodless and disconnected. I read Pam's only once so will
              reserve judgment on that until another perusal.
              In terms of the music: I finally bought CD copies of "Rising for
              the Moon" and "North Star Ravens." The former is really good, seriously
              underrated IMO; the latter is still obscure; the weakest of her solo
              albums. And "Borrowed Thyme" continues to grow on me; esp. the original
              versions of "Fotheringay" and "Carnival."
              I vaguely remember someone mentioning a boot (?) called Before the
              Flood that had some titles on it that I had never heard of. Does it
              exist somewhere?
              In New Orleans, "the summertime is leaving and the carnival is
              away." And I still haven't played my SD dvd disk (a lot of ds there)
              yet, in part because I'm afraid it won't work, in part because I like to
              keep a little bit of Sandy in reserve.
              And what about a Fotheringay II volume?
              All the best, Carl

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 6, 2003
                In a message dated 10/6/03 8:45:37 AM, cmalmgre@... writes:

                << my SD dvd disk (a lot of ds there)
                yet, in part because I'm afraid it won't work, in part because I like to
                keep a little bit of Sandy in reserve.
                And what about a Fotheringay II volume? >>

                Did I miss something? Is there a SD DVD?? I know if so it's only playable in
                UK zone or whatever :( (sad for us here in USA), but I'd still be interested
                to know. There is a Fotheringay boot, POEMS FROM ALEXANDRA, though it does
                have some of same songs as on '1st' album & some others. Glad somebody else
                likes BORROWED THYME-- which despite sound issues I find fascinating. And I'm
                also not such a keen fan of NORTH STAR RAVENS-- though I think you'll find
                several here really love it :)! Ed
              • jan holtland
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 6, 2003
                  Hi there,

                  Mentioning a Sandy DVD raises questions. Is there a DVD or did you mean
                  the VCD with BBC-sessions?

                  And yes, Borrowed Thyme is a great song. I have a copy of that song on 1
                  or 2 bootlegs. Both have irritating clicks on it. Is there a better
                  version somewhere?

                  I would be interested

                  jan holtland

                • Jon Hall
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 6, 2003
                    In message <001601c38c39$3d0e2eb0$0100a8c0@Jan> you wrote:

                    > Hi there,
                    >
                    > Mentioning a Sandy DVD raises questions. Is there a DVD or did you mean
                    > the VCD with BBC-sessions?

                    The VCD I guess.
                    Jon.

                    --
                    http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/jghall/fairport/
                  • Tepet Raddatz
                    Message 9 of 11 , Oct 6, 2003
                      I have decided to make my own alternate "Sandy" cd. Using the BBC stuff,
                      and the Dark the Night stuff I have all the songs...I am sorta into doing
                      that for some reason.

                      QUESTION: What is the difference between the Ebbets Field recording that is
                      on "Sandy's Lament" and the Ebbets Field stuff on my home made cd? Also
                      from Ebbets Field in Denver but 1973.

                      >From: "jon.davey." <jondavey@...>
                      >To: <SandyDennyList@yahoogroups.com>
                      >Subject: Re: [SandyDennyList] Hello
                      >Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:52:00 +0100
                      >
                      >Just to mention what's new or in this case not so new, I believe on the BBC
                      >web site where we can see and hear Sandy performing 'Crazy Lady Blues'
                      >there
                      >were possibly going to be a couple of alternative songs.
                      >
                      >Best wishes Jon. Davey.

                      Instant message with integrated webcam using MSN Messenger 6.0. Try it now
                      FREE! http://msnmessenger-download.com
                    • egoodst285@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 6, 2003
                        In a message dated 10/6/03 2:45:42 PM, hvasmel@... writes:

                        << Linda Nijland sings Sandy Denny >>

                        Thanks for heads up. Ed
                      • Carl Malmgren
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 7, 2003
                          Sorry guys, I'm a technological ignoramus. What I was trying to refer
                          to is the 12-minute video of Sandy singing a few songs that eventually I
                          will play on my DVD player when I need a big Sandy fix.
                          Carl