From Braheny Music Consultants RE: The Songwriting School in LA

  • Elizabeth C. Axford
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2009
      From Braheny Music Consultants RE: The Songwriting School in LA

      Rob Seals, a writer/artist/producer/teacher and former student of mine, has founded The Songwriting School of Los Angeles ... on Magnolia between Pass & Hollywood Way in Burbank.

      The building was a post-production company and still has a recording studio in it (with grand piano) ... a couple small 'rehearsal' rooms, and about 3 or 4 classrooms upstairs ... kitchenette, etc. Perfect for songwriters/musicians/singers to hang around in!

      Check it out at www.TheSongwritingSchool.com. Great people, great vibe, great place. We're really excited to be associated with it!

      John and JoAnn's classes start May 6 '09 – Get early bird discounts!

      Starting May 6, both JoAnn and I will be teaching 8 week classes there if you're interested, or know someone who might be interested. Though I usually teach song craft, this time I get to do an in-depth, interactive Song Business and Marketing class with industry guests so I'm stoked! We're keeping it small so everybody gets personal attention.

      The class is called "Business & Marketing In The Digital Age: A Songwriter's Toolkit For The New Music Industry."

      Go here www.TheSongwritingSchool.com/classes and click on "biz and marketing" in the column on the left for a class description. There's a discount for early sign-up and a free copy of my book is included. It meets Wed. nights 7-10pm.

      JoAnn is also excited about her "Optimize And Stimulate Your Creative Process (...Or "Goosing Your Muse")" class because she only gets about an hour to do a stripped down partial version of her seminar when we're on the road, and this time she'll get to see her students progress with this, do lots of exercises and have some of her own guest speakers. She'll get to pass along a lot of the techniques she learned at Disney Imagineering and elsewhere as well as her accumulated "life" wisdom.

      Her class meets for 2 hours the same night from 7-9pm so it might work well for couples or band members to attend on the same night. Also get her course description at
      www.TheSongwritingSchool.com/classe s

      --
      Braheny Music Consultants
      19500 Babington St.