San Diego NSAI August Workshop Monday 8/9/10 in Del Mar w/Lynn Gillespie Chater!

  • pianopress2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2010
      San Diego NSAI August Workshop Monday 8/9/10 in Del Mar

      Program:
      A visit from our Adopt-a-Shop Pro Mentor from Nashville
      Lynn Gillespie Chater! (See BIO Below)

      PLEASE NOTE: Our meeting for the month of August will be on the second Monday instead of the fourth.

      When:
      Monday, August 9, 2010, 7:30-10pm

      Where:
      Piano Press Studio
      1425 Ocean Ave. #17
      Del Mar, CA 92014

      Tel: 619-884-1401

      Cost:
      Free to NSAI members. Non-members may attend two meetings at no
      charge, then $15/meeting/person for two more meetings, then you must
      join NSAI to continue attending.

      Please RSVP to lizaxford@...
      or (619)884-1401

      Bring song(s) for critique session on CD, send MP3 via e-mail to Liz,
      or play live. Bring 10-15 copies of typed lyric sheets. NSAI members'
      songs are critiqued first. Non-members may receive song critiques if
      time allows.

      NSAI MEMBERSHIP DRIVE JUNE-AUGUST!

      If you join or renew during June, July, or August, part of your membership fee will go towards our San Diego NSAI workshop!

      RENEW your NSAI membership today with Flex Pay Options:
      http://members.nashvillesongwriters.com/mod/ecs/index.php?TopID=854.956

      JOIN NSAI today with Flex Pay Options:
      http://members.nashvillesongwriters.com/mod/ecs/index.php?TopID=854.967

      For more info on the San Diego NSAI Workshop, please visit:
      http://www.pianopress.com/sandiegonsaiworkshop.html

      NSAI Nashville:
      http://www.nashvillesongwriters.com

      It All Begins With a Song!

      LYNN GILLESPIE CHATER

      Lynn Gillespie Chater began her love of songwriting when, at the age of ten, her parents gave her a guitar. Mixing that gift with singing in church choirs and school choral groups soon brought her to crafting songs of her own, and also brought her to Nashville.

      In 1987, Lynn got her first songwriting break when Highway 101 recorded, "I Can't Love You Baby" on their successful Paint the Town CD. Restless Heart followed that with their recording of "Hometown Boy" on their Matters of the Heart CD.

      In the late `80's, Lynn married Kerry Chater, writer of the Grammy winning song "I.O.U.", and the two started writing together. Twenty-three years later, their years of collaboration produced songs recorded by many artists including the triple platinum selling Mindy McCready (Ten Thousand Angels CD), Anne Murray, Lorrie Morgan, Paul Brandt, Jessica Andrews, Eddy Raven, Highway 101, Donna Ulisse, and Restless Heart in the United States, and include international artists in more than a dozen foreign countries.

      In 1998, Lynn and Kerry Chater started their own music publishing company, Chater Songs, and had Jessica Andrew's first single, "You Go First (Do You Wanna Kiss)," on her debut DreamWorks Records CD. That song was picked to advertise the #1 Universal Pictures comedy, "Forces Of Nature," starring Ben Afleck and Sandra Bullock. Donna Ulisse followed that with the song, "She Goes Sailing," on her debut Bluegrass CD. The Chaters have two songs recorded on the new Donna Ulisse CD, "Holy Waters," just released this year.

      From 2007 to 2008, the Chaters spent a year writing two Christian Rock Musicals: a new take on the Christmas story called, "Mes-si-ah," and a modernized version of the Passion story titled, "The Seven Days Of Christ." Both musicals were performed in Nashville.

      Lynn has been a member of NSAI since 1982, and is the longest serving member of the Legislative Committee, participating on that committee continuously since 1986, and serving as its chair in 1992. For the last 23 years, Lynn has been traveling to Washington D.C. to lobby for copyright protection, and has been active in six pieces of legislation passed in Congress to aid creators of Intellectual Property.

      Lynn has served on the Steering Committee of the Songwriters Guild of America (SGA), the Board of Governors of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS), is a Lifetime member of the Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI), serving on the Legislative Committee, and a member of GMA, CMA, and NMPA. Lynn and her husband Kerry live in Brentwood, TN.

      ***