Help with Colarosa Genealogy

  • Mark DiVecchio
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6, 2011
      I got an email from a Rinda Tullio who lives in Australia. Her mother was Carmelina Colarosa (b 1931 in SPA). Her grandfather was Vincenzo Colarosa (b 189? in SPA). Her grandmother was Maria Carlini (b ????).

      Rinda is going to SPA next March and she asked me if I could help her trace her family.

      Rinda has aunts and uncles who live in Italy - Domenico, Antonio, Lucia, Rosina (dead) and Concetta. Concetta may have lived in SPA.

      She remembers her great-grandparents as Domenico Colarosa and Rachela and Domenico Carlini and Aurora. She does not know the family names of her great-grandmothers.

      Her grandparents were born in the late 1890's or early 1900's.

      I searched through all of my notes and data but I can not find either
      the Colarosa or Carlini families.

      Does anyone have any information on these families?

      grazie. Mark
    • Arthur Cola
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6, 2011
      Hi:
      I thought that my fellows Italian-Americans would enjoy viewing the Book Trailer on my book: The Stone Cutter Genius.
      I'd appreciate your help in getting the word out.
      Arthur Colaianni ( I write under the name of Arthur Cola).

      Dear SPA Members:
      I am pleased to announce that the Book Trailer for my new novel THE STONE CUTTER GENIUS is now available for viewing. Just click on this link, http://youtu.be/SKG9RusituI or http://www.americanbookpublishingblog.com/promote-your-book-at-ethnic-festivals and you'll be treated to a delightful new approach to presenting the work of authors. I would appreciate your comments on the Book Trailer. Justplace a comment under the Video presentation and click the LIKE box at the top corner of article.

      Getting the word out on a new work from a writer such as myself, new to the career after 35 years in education is rather challenging to say the least. Should you be inclined please forward this link to your contacts and they will be grateful, I'm sure, to view the trailer and learn about the story which blends legend and history, adventure and supernatural thrills, intrigue and mystery. You may also meet me at Festa Italiana in Milwaukee from July 21-24 at the Summerfest Grounds. I'll also be appearing at Irish Fest Chicago (Irish Heritage Centre on July 8 and 10), Festa Italiana in Washington D.C. on Sunday,Oct. 9.

      I have attached a Press release for your use as well as a copy of the article on my work in PRIME Magazine's July issue.
      Thank you for your consideration:

      Arthur Cola

      Press Release:
      Ethnic Festivals, Books and Hollywood glitz

      The Summer Festival Season is in full swing across the nation. Some of the most popular are ethnic events such as Festa Italiana in Milwaukee (July 21-24), Irish Fest in Chicago (July 8-10), Festa Italiana in Washington D.C. (Sunday,Oct. 9). The list can go on and on as Akron ’s Italian Festival, Dublin Ohio ’s Irish Fest and Boston ’s Irish Fest attract huge followings. One of the attractions which all Festivals hold in common besides music, live performances and Carnival Games is the inclusion of Cultural and Literary Events.

      Arthur Cola, author of legendary tales such as The Stone Cutter Genius and The Shamrock Crown (Legend of Excalibur) appears in many of them and is a regular in Milwaukee , Chicago , Boston and Florida . This year is no different as he adds D.C. to his schedule. But don’t think it’s just a table with books for sale. He will also be presenting his Tours of Ireland, Britain and Italy which are based on his books. Travel with the author to the most famous and not so famous sites in Europe and relive the tale of his novels in a unique adventure as well as his featured presentation of how the legends of these lands have come to inspire his writing career.

      One may think that literary events are quite unusual for a festival and yet they are a growing attraction, which bring authors from across America and Europe to them. This year Arthur Cola will be premiering yet another innovation at Festa Italiana in Milwaukee . His publishing House (American Book Publishing) has created a highly stylish Book Trailer for his new novel The Stone Cutter Genius. The trailer not only will be viewable on the author’s web site at www.arthurcolalegendarytales.com but throughout the growing social media sites of Utube, Twitter and Facebook. One just has to click on the link: http://youtu.be/SKG9RusituI or  http://www.americanbookpublishingblog.com/promote-your-book-at-ethnic-festivals and you will be transported to the site.
      Be prepared to experience the plot of a book in a manner which is visually “Fabulous” as one viewer from Chicago , who has previewed it, called the trailer. Then there is the musical background which is soothing and mysterious bringing the viewer into the world of Renaissance Italy and the World of Michelangelo which serve as the core legend for the novel. The story as you will see begins in present day Chicago and continues as an adventure in Italy as the main character and his two teen sons embark on a journey which leads them to the source of the Legend of the Magi Ring. But that’s all you’ll get from us. American Publishing and the author would like you to view the Book Trailer yourself and then contact them with your comments. “This is all new to literary circles,” says Arthur Cola. “So we’d love to learn how people receive the video.”  One may contact the author at arthurcola@....

      The use of such Hollywood style story telling incorporating gorgeous images,  mood setting music and a dramatic narration, which introduces you to the author’s roots and the story’s plot, may very well be the wave of the future in bringing literature into your home.  “Be the first to catch a glimpse of this marketing technique through social media,” encourages the author’s illustrator, John T. Colaianni.

      Books by Arthur Cola:

      - Papa and the Gingerbread Man,an Adventure in Americas Oldest City.(amazon.com)
      - Papa and the Leprechaun King, the Secret Legend of the Shamrock. (www.oaktara.com)
      - The Shamrock Crown and the Legend of Excalibur. (www.american-book.com)
      - The Stone Cutter Genius (An epic Historical Fiction for 2010)

      Arthur Cola
      425 Robins Run
      Burlington,WI 53105 USA

      Phone: 262-308-0743
      mailto:arthurcola@...

      Message 3 of 5 , Jul 6, 2011
      Mark, here is a chart you sent me awhile back with Colarosa and Carlino. I will look for more.

      Carmen

      Message 4 of 5 , Jul 6, 2011
        Mark, I think that is the meat of what you sent. I rechecked my messages and you did send me the chart on 30 Jan of this year.

        If there is more you need let me know and I will continue looking.

        Carmen

        Message 5 of 5 , Jul 12, 2011
          Hi - Below is the meat from two emails regarding some info on the Carlino family.  They have been around for a while but may have gotten lost in the shuffle.  They also may be on Mark's web site and/or Camellia's.  At any rate I thought it would not hurt to resend the body of information.

          The first is from a July 19, 2004 email based on Mark's microfilm research.  The second  from a May 1, 2005 email, is based on things I found in Isernia archives, and additional info from Camellia.

          July 19, 2004

          May 1, 2005 from Camellia:
          I found more siblings at the FHC that you didn’t have.  The ones bolded in red are additions to your list.

          As children of Paolantonio Morelli (as his birth record shows his name) and Maria Lucia Carlino, I have:
          1.      Donata Domenica Morelli b: February 10, 1867 m. Sabatino Mariani Morelli b: April 30, 1864
          2.      Domenica Morelli b: October 17, 1869
          3.      Giovanni Battista Morelli b: December 12, 1872 m. Angela diCianno
          4.      Elisabetta Filomena Morelli b: May 28, 1876
          5.      Sabatino Carmine Morelli b: May 02, 1879
          6.      Nicolina Ligia Morelli b: February 09, 1884
          7.      Giuseppa Colomba Morelli b: 1885 m. Damiano Frazzini b: 1882

          As children of Sabatino Morelli and Giusta Carlino, I have:
          1.      Giovanni Berardino Morelli b: June 24, 1836
          2.      Pasquale Amico Morelli b: April 21, 1838 m. Maria Musillo
          3.      Paolantonio Morelli b: May 14, 1843 m. Maria Lucia Carlino b: September 18, 1845
          4.      Mattio Morelli b: February 24, 1846 m. Maria Colajianni
          *I only went back to 1835, so there still may be older siblings.

          As children of Carmina Carlino and unknown, I have:
          1.      Maria Lucia Carlino b: September 18, 1845 m. Paolantonio Morelli b: May 14, 1843
          2.      Raffaele Carlino b: April 17, 1848
          3.      Maria Michela Carlino b: May 07, 1860
          *I have some more checking to do here.  I wasn’t specifically looking for these siblings; I just happened to notice them as I was looking for the Morelli’s.

          I have copies of all these birth records as well as the marriage record of Paolo & Lucia on my website athttp://innerjournies.com/Camellia/Genealogy/Italian_Roots.htm in case you would like to see them for yourself.  There is also a link to pictures >from a trip that my uncle made to SPA in 1992.  I have more to scan but, haven’t had time to complete that.

          I’ll keep you updated as I find more.  Take care…
          Camellia