RE: [SanPietroAvellana] New Member-SPA

  • Shirley Sinclaire
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1 5:14 AM
      I will look in my database tonight.  I am off to work at the moment.  I am sure you will get responses soon.  I remember those names in our spreadsheets and in my database.  Talk with you later.

      Thank you.

      To: SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com
      From: ssto1946@...
      Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 19:50:35 -0500
      Subject: [SanPietroAvellana] New Member-SPA

      Hello everyone!
      I am Suzanne DiGiacomo Stokes from Rockhill Furnace, PA. Now retired, I have some time to look deeper into my Grandparents birthplaces and the country around them.
      My cousin Carmen DiGiacomo introduced me to the group and thought I could get good insight into the lives our Grandparents lived.
      I am not a novas at genealogy, as my cousin on my Mother's side and myself have researched Mother's side of the family for 10 years or more. I am excited to get started with this new project and look forward to friendly exchanges with all of you.

    • suzanne stokes
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3 3:22 PM
        Shirley,
        Did Nicola Colarosa have siblings? Carmen and I are trying to piece together members of that family and the relationship to each other, particularly Dom. Colarosa and his sister Lydia.
        Any help you can give me in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
        Thanks,
        Suzanne
      • Shirley Sinclaire
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4 9:56 AM
          I will check my FTM tonight and send you what I have.

          To: SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4 11:34 AM
            Shirley,
            Thank you so much.
            Suzanne
          • Rayna Valentine
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 4 1:29 PM

              All,

              Domenic T. Colarosa was a family friend of my grandmother Dorantina Rossi Colaianni.  I have a copy of his 1999 funeral notice and may also have a couple of letters written by him (in Italian) to my grandmother.  I'll scan the notice and post it but can at least tell you that it lists his wife as Laura E. Marchetti, sons Don and Dean and daughter Deanna Hanna. His sister is Lydia Mance; she might still be alive in Upper St. Clair.  Grandchildren Nicholas, Krista and Lauren, but no mention as to whose children they are.

              I've been inactive for months--surgeries and illnesses--but may be back in the loop by late spring.

              Happy hunting!

              Rayna Valentine (daughter of Viola Colaianni)

              I will check my FTM tonight and send you what I have.

              To: SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 4 1:35 PM
                Rayna,
                My best wishes to you and speedy recovery.
                I thank you so much for that information. I will forward it on to Carmen if, by chance, he does not see your post.
                Get Well Soon,
                Suzanne