Not seen before photos of Prospero Frazzini and Brothers

  • Mark DiVecchio
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2010
      After my trip to Denver in June, I've been adding new information to my web pages.

      Just added are three photos of Prospero, his brothers, and the Bank. These photos were originally published in Alisa Zahler's book, "Italy in Colorado".

      I contacted the source of the photos, History Colorado, and received permission to use them on my web pages.

      Here are two links to the three photos:
      http://www.silogic.com/genealogy/Prospero_Frazzini.html#CIAPA
      http://www.silogic.com/genealogy/Italian-American%20Bank%20in%20Denver,%20CO.html#CIAPA

      ciao.
      Mark
    • Ben
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2010
        Mark & SPA Group,
        I'm reading Ashley Marie Zampogna's master's thesis, 2008, on
        the targeting of Italians by the Klu klux Klan in the early 1920s in Ohio's Mahoning Valley, "May America Not Perish." By 1924, Klan activity & the resistance to it reached a fever pitch in Niles, Ohio, home of a very large southern Italian community, mostly from the region near Naples. A full scale riot erupted with the governor declaring martial law.  The Italians effectively put an end to the Klan in the area.

        I'm wondering if any SPA members remember parents' or grandparents' stories about this very difficult time for Italians and other groups. I've heard that Italians and others in Pennsylvania coal counties battled the KKK also.

        If anyone would like to down load the masters project,
        I have the link.

        Best,