Denver Trip Report

  • Mark DiVecchio
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26 8:19 AM
      Some of you may know that I am now in the middle of my first trip to Denver, CO (104 degrees the day before yesterday!). Many sampeitresi settled in Denver, the most notable and infamous was Prospero Frazzini.

      I spent a day at the Denver Public Library genealogy section, a day at the Colorado State Archives and a day at Crown Hill Cemetery so far.

      I've created two new web pages:
      http://www.silogic.com/genealogy/Trinidad,%20CO.html
      http://www.silogic.com/genealogy/Crown%20Hill%20and%20Mt.%20Olivet%20Cemeteries,%20Wheat%20Ridge,%20CO.html

      Added some naturalization documentation to Prospero's web page:
      http://www.silogic.com/genealogy/Prospero_Frazzini.html
      (I found the naturalization documents for all four brothers.)

      I visited Propero's house on Thursday with Bradley and Joanne Terry. They took me by Felicito's house, Cesare's house and the Italian-American Bank building.

      Joyce Loflin reminded me to be sure to visit the Fire Station at 1601 South Ogden St. that has the memorial to long time fire chief
      Cassio Frazzini.

      ciao.
      Mark
    • REBECCA JOHNSON
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 28 5:59 AM
        Hi Mark,

        It"s nice to hear that you are in Denver. I was just looking at your page on Crown Hill and Mt. Olivet it says that Mt. Olivet has been close but it has not. Many of my family members are buried at Mt. Olivet. If you need any more information please contact me.

        Beckie

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 28 6:08 AM
          Just another thought Mark Mt. Olivet is older than Crown Hill so you may find many more of your family buried there. I think more Italians are buried at Mt. Olivet than at Crown Hill.

          Beckie

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2010
            I just put in a surname and it brings up all sorts of info on graves.  Maybe it will help someone else...

            Shirley

            http://plus.familylink.com/zsearch.aspx?qt=l&ix=findagrave&zln