SPA Web Sites

  • MarkD
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 23, 2009
      Concetta diCianno has sent me the latest URL's for the SPA comune and proloco web sites. These are new and up-to-date (the old URL's don't
      work anymore):

      http://www.prolocosanpietroavellana.it/
      http://www.comune.sanpietroavellana.is.it/
      http://www.sanpietroturismo.it/
    • Ron Frazzini

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 24, 2009
          Hi Ron Frazzini:
          I have cousins with the last name of Frazzini. Their families originally came from San Pietro
          Avellana in Abruzzo. Their father Fred Frazzini was my maternal grandmother's brother.
          Just wondered if you are a cousin of some kind.

          My name is Arthur Ronald Colaianni. I have relatives from SPA who are Settefratti, Frazzini, DeCiano and Colaianni.

          Family call me Ron though professionally I go by Arthur Cola as I now write books.

          Ron Colaianni
        • Arthur Cola
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 25, 2009
            Hi Stephanie:
            I don't know, but I am contacting my cousin Marcella Settefratti who immigrated to the US from SPA in the 50's. She might know of any connection. I'll let you know.

            Ron Colaianni

            Books by Arthur Cola:

            - Papa and the Gingerbread Man,an Adventure in Americas Oldest City.(amazon.com)
            - Papa and the Leprechaun King, the Secret Legend of the Shamrock. (www.oaktara.com)
            - The Shamrock Crown and the Legend of Excalibur. (www.american-book.com)
            - The Stone Cutter Genius (An epic Historical Fiction for 2010)

            Arthur Cola
            425 Robins Run
            Burlington,WI 53105 USA

            Phone: 262-308-0743
            mailto:arthurcola@...

            Are you related to Donatella Colaianni Di Croce of SPA? She is married to my father's cousin, Corrado Di Croce.

            Stephanie Di Croce

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 26, 2009
                --- In SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com, Arthur Cola <arthurcola@...> wrote:
                > I have cousins with the last name of Frazzini.
                > Their families originally came from San Pietro
                > Avellana in Abruzzo. Their father Fred Frazzini was my
                > maternal grandmother's brother.

                Ron, can you tell us about your maternal family line? I don't
                think I have any of that information. I'd like to see if I can
                connect up the Frazzini's.

                ciao. Mark
              • Dina Marie Petracci
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 6, 2009
                  There   was a Fred Frazzini Youngstown, Ohio.   His daughter is Rose Valko.  She live on Inverness in Youngstown, Ohio.    their Family originally lived on Lansing Ave,  Across the Street from the Ice House.....He Passed away and I am not sure if his son is still living....Adolph Frazzini may know some of these answers is he on the SPA site????

                    DINA

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 12, 2009
                    Hello Ron,
                    My grandfather Santo (Samuel) had a brother named Alfredo (Fred) Frazzini.  Born 1899, died 1972.  He lived in New Middletown Ohio.  He married a women named Ada.  My records show that they had one daughter named Lorretta.  Since "my" Fred did not have any son's I don't believe this is the person you are looking for.  There was a total of seven siblings that immigrated from SPA:  Giovanni, Enrico, Giroloma, Nicoletta, Alfredo, Anne, Santo.  If you think this may be a connection, let me know.
                    ~Wendy (Frazzini) McFarland

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 12, 2009
                      Hi Wendy:
                      Thanks for the reply. It seems that my Great Uncle Fred came down a line from a Nunzio Frazzini. His brother Fiore had eight chidlren in the 1800's. So maybe that where the connection is.

                      Arthur "Ron" Colaianni