History of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley

  • Mark DiVecchio
    Message 1 of 4 , May 18, 2009
      Franklin Smith just alerted me that there are two new additions to Google Books. Volume 1 and Volume 2 of "The History of Youngstown and the Mahoning Valley, Ohio".

      They have the complete books available for free.

      V1
      http://books.google.com/books?id=IRgVAAAAYAAJ
      V2
      http://books.google.com/books?id=iRgVAAAAYAAJ

      There is a biography of Frank Mastroianni in the second volume.

      ciao.
      Mark
    • Wilberta DiVincenzo
      Message 2 of 4 , May 19, 2009
        Thanks! Thats great!  The biography confirms that Frank Mastroianni, of 116 N. Watt Street, who many people on the ship lists gave as a destination, was Sampietrese.

        - Wilberta

        Message 3 of 4 , May 19, 2009
          Wilberta,
          How did you ever find Mastroianni's name? I just downloaded the two volumes to my computer's desktop. You can not do a search.

          Ben

          http://www.geocities.com/capracottesi_immigrants

          Message 4 of 4 , May 20, 2009
            Ben, when you go to the link Mark posted for Volume 2:

            there is a 'Search In This Book' box (beside the photos).  I just typed in Mastroianni and the page came up.  I couldn't get it to print out though and had to do a 'print screen' and copy and paste.