News from Italy and the Dawson Reunion

  • Mark DiVecchio
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2008
      I have sent this email to the President of the Dawson Association, Ann
      Weybrew. It is from Giuliano Colajanni and describes a presentation
      that he is going to make at the 2008 Dawson Reunion.
      Ann said she would be very happy to accept the bell in the name
      of the Dawson Association.

      Dear Ann,

      My Italian cousin, Giuliano Colajanni and his wife, Rosalba, have
      planned a trip to Dawson for the upcoming reunion.

      Giuliano's grandfather, Teridano diTella, was a carpenter and
      furniture maker in Dawson from about 1900 until his death
      in 1944. Teridano is buried at the Mt. Calvary Cemetery in
      Raton. Teridano married in Italy but his wife and children
      never came to the US.

      Giuliano is bringing with him a commemorative bell, cast
      in Agnone, Italy which celebrates the history of the Molise
      Region of Italy.

      Giuliano's and my ancestors are from the Italian town
      of San Pietro Avellana which is in the Molise Region.

      In addition to diTella, other family names from
      San Pietro Avellana who lived in Dawson include, Carlini,
      Palumbo, Iannacchione, diLorenzo, Frazzini, Ricci, Capone,
      Gatti, Fraini, Colarosa, diCroce, Settefrati, Morgano,
      diMartino, Quaranta, Musilli, Colaizzi, Morelli,
      diLudovico, Caratelli, diCianno and della Croce.

      Giuliano would like to present the bell to the Dawson
      Association at the 2008 reunion on the 31st.