Re: [SanPietroAvellana] Carlo Antonio Frazzini's Montreal, Canada Connections

  • Wilberta DiVincenzo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2008

      Hi Gene and Group,

      Just found Lorenzo Frazzini, his wife and his brother Amico Frazzini in the 1901 Canada Census online recorded backward under Fritz Lawrence!  You can see the indexed page here:

      http://automatedgenealogy.com/census/View.jsp?id=47530&highlight=45&desc=1901+Census+of+Canada+page+containing+Franzini+Annice%3F%3F+Lawrence

      and the actual image here:

      http://automatedgenealogy.com/census/ImageArray.jsp?id=47530&columns=2

      No daughter Florine listed.  This census was for people living as of March 31, 1901.  Gene gives her birthdate as Sept. 3, 1900, but maybe it was Sept. 3, 1901.....?

      - Wilberta

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2008
        Wow Wilberta!!
        You are amazing!!! You found Lorenzo, Fioralba, and Amico in a
        different province and with backward names that were all spelled
        wrong. I'd be happy to get my skill level up to half of yours.
        I have learned that if you are researching cousins
        with "destination Montreal", that is often just their port of entry
        to Canada; similiar to "destination New York" we often see on
        manifests. My family went to the Province of Ontario, as Wilberta's
        census find shows, before later coming to the US.
        This has been a great week for me. Brothers Lorenzo, Carlo and
        Amico had a sister, Maria Antonia Frazzini who also immigrated to
        Canada. A lady emailed me saying birth records from Canada show
        Antonia Frazzani and husband Francesco Infanti became parents of
        Flora Infanti on September 10, 1900. Baptism records show Fiorina
        Infanti was baptised on September 13, 1900 and the sponsors were
        Lorenzo Frazzina and Fioralba diGiacoma. This child would be
        Lorenzo's niece as stated in the 1910 US census. We don't know why
        but Maria Antonia gave Florina to her brother Lorenzo to raise in the
        State of Washington. I'll post those records in the "Carlo Antonio
        Frazzini Family" photo album on this site.
        Of course, all new information brings new questions. What happened
        to Maria Antonia and her husband? Where did Amico go? Amico is
        difficult to track because another Amico Frazzini born 5 days later
        in SPA also immigrated to the States.
        Thanks Wilberta and all our good friends in this Group. I
        appreciate the great teamwork.
        Grazie.
        Gene

        --- In SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com, Wilberta DiVincenzo
        <wilbertadiv@...> wrote:

        > Hi Gene and Group,
        >
        > Just found Lorenzo Frazzini, his wife and his brother Amico
        Frazzini in the 1901 Canada Census online recorded backward under
        Fritz Lawrence!  You can see the indexed page here:

        > http://automatedgenealogy.com/census/View.jsp?
        id=47530&highlight=45&desc=1901+Census+of+Canada+page+containing+Franz
        ini+Annice%3F%3F+Lawrence

        > and the actual image here:
        >
        > http://automatedgenealogy.com/census/ImageArray.jsp?
        id=47530&columns=2

        > No daughter Florine listed.  This census was for people living as
        of March 31, 1901.  Gene gives her birthdate as Sept. 3, 1900, but
        maybe it was Sept. 3, 1901.....?

        > - Wilberta

        Canada Connections