Lorry Labate (1938-2008)

  • Mark DiVecchio
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6, 2008
      Jolene Gardner, Lorry's niece, told me that Lorry died of a heart
      attack on April 4th. Lorry was one of the my first "lost" cousins that
      I found after starting genealogy research. He has helped me a lot. I
      had a chance to visit with him and his wife a few years ago. There is
      a photo on my Ely page (
      http://www.silogic.com/genealogy/Ely,%20NV.html ).

      Lorry was a member of this group. His mother was Francesca Carlini and
      his father was Loreto. Lorry's father was an engineer on the #40 steam
      engine of the Nevada Northern RR in Ely.

      Funeral arrangements are pending.
    • Cathy Youngblood
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 7, 2008
        More than 10 years ago, Wilberta found the connection between Lorry
        and me. We were fourth or fifth cousins but he was the first SPA
        connection for me. I am sorry to know of his passing and I wish I
        would have had a chance to meet him in person.

        Mark, hope you can keep us informed about arrangements. There doesn't
        seem to be anything in the Carson City newspaper yet. Thanks.

        Ciao,
        Cathy
      • raynavalentine
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 7, 2008
          Mark,
          TY for letting us know about Lorry---I'll pass the word on to Marion
          and Dennis Diullo in case Dorothy hasn't already. I had only recently
          been in contact with him and was looking forward to corresponding about
          our Ely connections and exploring possible Carlini connections.
          Rayna

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 8, 2008
            Jolene sent me this information (email me if you would like his
            wife's name and address):

            Lorry's service will be held at the St. Theresa of Avila Church. 3000
            No Lampa Lane in Carson City, NV on Friday, April 11 at 10:30 am. A
            reception will follow.
          • lisa shuster
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 9, 2008
              Hi Mark, please forward Name and address I'd like to send a card...  Lisa

              Jolene sent me this information (email me if you would like his
              wife's name and address):

              Lorry's service will be held at the St. Theresa of Avila Church. 3000
              No Lampa Lane in Carson City, NV on Friday, April 11 at 10:30 am. A
              reception will follow.

            • Wilberta DiVincenzo
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 9, 2008
                Lorry's obituary is now online at
                http://www.legacy.com (Reno Gazette). There is a
                Guest Book you can sign if you want. - Wilberta

                http://mail.yahoo.com