Re: Florindo Fraini Death Date

  • Mark DiVecchio
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2, 2008
      Thalia,

      I sent away for the death certificate of Florindo Fraini when I sent
      for several others that I wanted from the newly listed 1941-1949 period.

      I will email you a scan of the DC in a separate email. If anyone else
      would like a copy, let me know.

      Here is a summary of what is on the DC:
      Died at the Miner's Hospital in Raton.
      Usual place of residence: 700 Western Ave, Trinidad, CO
      Coal miner for Phelps Dodge Corp.
      Date of Death: 7 Jun 1948, age 71y 6m 6d
      Widowed, Wife: Rose Fraini
      Parents names unknown.
      Birth place: San Pietro, Italy
      Reported by: Joe Fraini, Dawson.
      Buried in Raton 10 Jun 1948 (does not list cemetery name)

      I have checked the published cemetery listings from Mt.Calvary
      and Fairmont Cemeteries in Raton but he is not listed.

      Mark

      --- In SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com, Wilberta DiVincenzo
      <wilbertadiv@...> wrote:

      > Hi Thalia,
      >
      > I was searching on the Internet yesterday afternoon on Fraini and
      found your grandfather's death date! He died on June 7, 1948. The
      New Mexico Death Index project recently added deaths from 1941-1949.
      You can see them here:

      http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/nm/state/vitals/deaths/1941/fergal.txt

      > Mark has told me you can order 'plain' copies of these death
      certificates from this project and the instructions for ordering them
      is on this page under 'Order from an NMDI Volunteer':
      > http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/nm/nmdir.htm
      >
      > The death certificate should give you his place of burial, cause
      of death, informant's name, and other information to help in your
      research. Good Luck!

      > - Wilberta

    • S Sinclaire
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 10, 2008
        Hello list,

        This gentleman (Mike Colianne) has contacted me for some help in finding his ancestors.  Without stable information, I am not sure if I can help much (yet).  I have found some of his information, however, I am not able to trace back into SPA without verifying some info.  I think I may have something in SPA below, but am not positive...

        Mark, I invited him to the list.

        Thanks everyone,
        Shirley

        _________________________
        Mike,

        Some of these may be related and some may not, I am just giving you some info to see if any of this rings a bell or jogs your memory on some things.  Let me know which are your relatives…sending attachments of records and draft information with this note.

        Minnesota Death Index, 1908-2002
        about Michael Colianne

        Name:

        Michael Colianne

        Birth Date:

        Death Date:

        Death County:

        Beltrami

        Mother's Maiden Name:

        Carlino

        State file number:

        024302

        Certificate Number:

        024302

        Certificate Year:

        1965

        Record Number:

        1616897

        Below could be a link:

        34

        1889

        10-Jun

        Colaianni

        Antonio Pasquale

        Emiddio - guardaboschi

        26

        Carlini (Carlino), Maria

        Via Trinita al numero dicinove. Testimoni: Giovanni di Cianno, 30, inserviente; Pasquale Ciotoli, 38, vico segretario.  Note: USA WWI Civilian Draft Record in Bannock, Idaho , birth June 10, 1889

         Mike's parents and uncle? (sent info to Mike for verification):

        Social Security Death Index
        about Patrick Colianne

        Name:

        Patrick Colianne

        SSN:

        xxxxxxxx

        Last Residence:

        33515   Clearwater , Pinellas , Florida , United States of America

        Born:

        Died:

        Mar 1983

        State (Year) SSN issued:

        Illinois (Before 1951 )

        Name:

        Marian Colianne

        SSN:

        xxxxxxxx

        Last Residence:

        33515   Clearwater , Pinellas , Florida , United States of America

        Born:

        Last Benefit:

        33515   Clearwater , Pinellas , Florida , United States of America

        Died:

        Nov 1981

        State (Year) SSN issued:

        Illinois (Before 1951 )

        Name:

        Charles A. Colianne

        SSN:

        xxxxxxx

        Last Residence:

        60160  Melrose Park, Cook , Illinois , United States of America

        Born:

        Died:

        State (Year) SSN issued:

        Illinois (Before 1951 )

        Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:02:59 -0700
        From: colianne@...
        Subject: RE: Colajanni, Colaianni ancestors
        To: ssinclaire@...

        Thank you for writing back.
        There is another Colianne family in Chicago (distant cousins if I remember correctly).
        From what I recall from now deceased relatives, my Grandfather and Great Uncle came to Chicago after their father died in a mine accident in Minnesota.

        My Grandfather had four children (oldest to youngest): Pat (Pasquale)(my father)1923-1983, Charles, Estell, and Michael. My uncle, Joseph, had one adopted child (Joseph).
        This is as far as my family knowledge goes. That is why I am trying to do some research. I would like to know the names of my Great-grandparents, where in Italy they came from, when they came to America, etc.
               Mike

        S Sinclaire <ssinclaire@...> wrote:
        I am a Colianni.  We have relatives in Chicago, I have not met them.  I would like to some day.
        Do you have any info on your family, there are many cousins, etc.  Are you related to the Colianni's that are from brothers, Paul Vito, Joseph, John, Tony and Peter?  There was also a line of Pasquale Colaianni/Colianni.  There are other spellings of Colaianni elsewhere (Colian).

        Let me know, I am at work so can't look up info in my database.  Will answer later this evening.  My father was Jasper, son of Peter Colianni.  His cousins were Gennaro, and his sons listed above.  Most lived in Chicago.  Several here in Minneapolis.  My dads' siblings are Rose, Sam, Domenic "Nick" and Mary.

        Talk with you again later, and send me info if you have it (anything will help, many cousins intermarried, so need to get more info...)

        Shirley

        Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:06:41 -0700
        From: colianne@...
        To: ssinclaire@...

        Thank youfor the response.
        From what I recall from my grandfather, his relatives came from San Pietro in the early 1900s (he was born there in 1898). His parents settled in Chicago, IL (I live in Chicago also).
        All relatives who would know any details have passed away.
        The only names I have are my grandfather's (Michael) and his brother (Joseph).
        From old stories, my grandfather changed the spelling to make it more American. Other spellings that I had heard about are: Colaianni & Colianni.

        Are you a Colaianni ancestor?

        S Sinclaire <ssinclaire@...> wrote:
        Hello Michael,

        Yes, this is still my email.  What Colaianni's are you looking for? Most are from San Pietro Avellana, Isernia (Molise), Italy.  San Pietro Avellana was part of the Abruzzo Region before the two Italies were unified.

        Is this the line you are trying to research?  Who are your relatives and when did they immigrate?  Where are you located?

        Ciao,
        Shirley

        Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 12:52:12 -0700
        From: colianne@...
        Subject: Colianne (Colaianni) family
        To: ssinclaire@...

        Hello,
        I ran across your 2003 posting on Abruzzoforum.com while trying to research my family history.
        If you receive this, please write back.
            Regards,
        Michael Colianne

      • Mark DiVecchio
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 10, 2008
          Shirley and Michael,

          From Shirley's data base, there is this:

          11 Sep 1898 Birth
          Amico Sabatino Colaianni
          f: Pasquale
          m: Maria Carlini

          I'd guess that Amico became Michael... The birth date is really
          close.

          This would also mean that the grandson, Pasquale, was named after the
          grandfather.

          In my data base, I have about 20 Maria Carlini's so its going to be
          tough to find the right one with out some ages.

          Attached (only to Michael)is the WWI Draft Registration for Mike
          Colianne. It shows that his mother, Mary Carlino, lived in Chicago, also.

          Attached (only to Michael) is Ellis Island manifest for Amico, sister
          Stella, and mother Maria Carlini going to father, Pasquale, in
          Minneapolis, MN. Note that manifest references Maria's father,
          Giuseppe in SPA (maybe a big hint for her family).

          I think this pretty much cements the connection.

          Happy hunting!

          ciao.
          Mark

          --- In SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com, S Sinclaire <ssinclaire@...>

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 10, 2008
            There were two more pages of the 1912 Ellis Island Manifest that
            I missed. They include two more children, Giuseppe and Michelina, 2y
            (twins??).
          • Rayna
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 10, 2008

              Hello all,

              The Antonio Colaianni who was born on June 10, 1889, was my great Uncle Tony who left San Pietro with his father Emiddio on the Trave when he was 11-12 years old.  His mother, Emiddio’s wife, was Maria Loreta Carlino(i).  Emiddio and Maria had 2 sons (Uncle Tony and Grandpa Emiddio) and 2 daughters.  Unc never married and died just short of the age of 100 in 1979.  (I’m going to post some photos of his 100th birthday party on the SPA site.) His only brother was my grandfather Adelmo Marco Colaianni, who died in the early 40’s, all of whose progeny I personally know, none of whom have changed the Colaianni spelling.

                          Their parents, Pasquale Amico Colaianni and Rosa Concetta Carlino had only the 2 sons that I know of--Grandpa Emiddio and a brother Daniele   BUT Rosa was Pasquale’s 2nd wife so there might have been a son from his first marriage who emigrated and altered spelling.  As for Daniele’s children Mark has some research showing their birth dates etc, but none of them changed the spelling of the name.   Daniele’s son Anselmo (“Umzel”l) lived in SPA and I have no further information on his family, so it’s possible that one of his children (if he had any sons) came to the US and altered the name.   Umzell died sometime after 1960 (I have a photo of him and his daughter taken by an aunt who visited them in the 60’s)  Another of Daniele’s sons, Arduino, lived in Chicago .  I have the names of all of his children, none of whom changed the spelling of the last name—except for grandson Ron, who lives in Wisconsin & uses a pen name of Arthur Cola solely for his children’s books.  None of Ercole’s children or their sons (he settled in Pennsylvania ) has altered the spelling of the last name, either.

                          Their was an Amico Colaianni who was born in SPA and married my great aunt Flora, but they had only one child, a daughter, who in turn had only one child, a daughter, before Amico died.

                          We’re also related to a branch of Colaiannis through marriage which contained a Domenico Colaianni.  The family settled in Patterson , NJ and none of them altered the spelling, either.

                          Sorry this is all negative information, but perhaps it helps by eliminating some searching.

              Rayna Valentine