Re: Article about Italian Record Keeping in the 1800's

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 6, 2013
      Thanks for posting. Not without reason is Napoleon regarded as a saint by us Italian genealogists.

      --- In SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com, "Mark DiVecchio" <markd@...> wrote:

      > http://generousgenealogists.com/2012/11/16/lds-microfilms-of-southern-italian-civil-records/

    • Shirley Sinclaire
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 14, 2013
        Regarding the link to generous genealogists, this can cause some confusion in recording our records at times.  I have run across this in researching and now wonder if some of these records of parents WERE married, but maybe not under civil and names of children and families may be lost to us (or were not clear) until we find the corrections later in our records (if any).  Very interesting.

        Sorry have not been on the site for a while, just too many other things happening.  I am in the process of caring for my mother, retiring and moving to Texas for mom's health reasons and will be sporadic in emails, research, etc.  Once I get there (August) I will need to get organized again, get records again through their LDS and hope it is close by (new development, so not sure of this) and getting back on track.  Until then, I will try to keep in touch.  If anyone needs anything please don't hesitate to write i keep the requests and some I will get to it after I move.  My records are on a computer that is already packed and ready to go.

        Take care everyone, good research and happy family reunions...
        Shirley (Colianni-Truncali)

        To: SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com
        From: immigrationfromcapracotta@...
        Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 11:45:24 +0000
        Subject: [SanPietroAvellana] Re: Article about Italian Record Keeping in the 1800's

        Thanks for posting. Not without reason is Napoleon regarded as a saint by us Italian genealogists.

        --- In SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com, "Mark DiVecchio" <markd@...> wrote:

        > http://generousgenealogists.com/2012/11/16/lds-microfilms-of-southern-italian-civil-records/

      • Mark DiVecchio
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 15, 2013
          Good luck with your move, Shirley. And you let us know if there
          is anything we can do to help you.

          --------

          In the case of my great-grandparents - my grandfather was born
          in 1874, my grandaunt was born in 1887 and my great-grandparents
          show up in the civil marriage records in 1888, listing their two
          children.

          I'm sure that my great-grandparents were married in the Church
          before my grandfather was born. That is really all that mattered
          as far as they were concerned. It was only later that they had
          the civil marriage - probably to clear up issues described in the
          article.

          Mark

          --
          Mark DiVecchio K3FWT
          markd@... http://www.silogic.com Rainbow, CA 92028
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 15, 2013
            Where in Texas? I'm in Houston and would love to meet you.

            Thalia

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 18, 2013
              You are correct Mark.  In one of my searches, it seemed like all the children except the last two were born AFTER they were married, I believe this was the same type of situation.  I will have to make note of it in their records.  Noticed in others, this is a good notation to make.

              Shirley

              To: SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com
              From: markd@...
              Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 08:14:48 -0700

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 18, 2013
                I am moving to Humble...  (Eagle Springs) a suburb of Houston.  Would love to get together sometime.  I will certainly keep in touch.

                Shirley

                To: SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com
                From: thalia.parker@...
                Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 10:51:12 -0500

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 18, 2013
                  I live in Clear Lake which is near NASA. We'll have to get together.

                  Thalia

                  To: SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com
                  From: thalia.parker@...
                  Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 10:51:12 -0500