RE: [SanPietroAvellana] Capo Di Vandra

  • Rayna Valentine
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2013

      If you go to Agnone be sure to go through the Marinelli bell foundry.  Oldest bell factory in the world--on Via d'Onorio, Onofrio??  Probably can be found via Agnone Google or Bing search.  Very interesting and heart-warming (and heart-wrenching) to see the photos of the bell cast  in memory of the little American boy who was kidnapped and killed in Italy.  His parents donated life-saving organs to children in Italy.  It helps to know a little Italian because the tour is not provided in English, but my husband, whose only Italian is "Pizza" figured out most of the process anyway.  We'd not have known about it since we were mostly just visiting relatives but my cousin's husband was born there and took us through when we went to meet his family.

      Rayna

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2013
        And don't forget that our cousin, Giuliano Colajanni, arranged for
        a commemorative bell to be cast by Marinelli which was given to the people
        of Dawson, NM from the people of SPA in 2008.

        http://www.silogic.com/genealogy/Dawson%20Reunion%202008.html

        Mark