Re: [SanPietroAvellana] A trip is being planned

  • Ronald Frazzini
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 3, 2013
      It's been more than ten years, but we have also stayed at Capo di Vandra and thoroughly enjoyed it.

      Ron Frazzini

      On Mar 2, 2013, at 10:27 PM, Victor Coloroso wrote:

      We stayed there last summer. Very nice place with some great views, but no frills. Hello and his wife are great host and make killer pizza on Saturdays.

      Sent from my Windows Phone

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 12, 2013
        Hello to all SPA members,

        My plans for my trip are now firm. I plan on being in Italy from Sept 6 to Sept 21 as originally planned. I am planning to spend my first week in Rome and during my stay, taking a day trip to SPA. It looks like a 2 1/2 hour drive and thanks to the census documents that have been posted on line, I plan to go right to my address where my family lived many years ago. My grandfather was the first generation born here in 1900. If anyone has any contacts in SPA, I would love to get as much assistance for the day as possible. My Italian is as they say in Pittsburgh,"...not so good!" Wish me luck and I hope to hear from someone.

        Thank you,

        Dan Carlins

        P.S. Thank you Wendy and I have saved your email and look forward to speaking with you again.

        --- In SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com, "daniel c" <dcnanook@...> wrote:

        > I am planning a two week trip to Italy from Sept 7 to Sept 21st approximately. Naturally, I am also planning a short side trip to a lvely little town called San Pietro Avellana. My Great grandfather was Augostino Carlino and my Great grandmother was Palmira Frazzini. They were mnarried in the church in San Pietro before coming to America before the turn of the century.
        >
        > I would like to get some infomration from anyone who has visited SPA and knows a good place to stay that is close or a possible jump off point. You may send me emails in reply direct to me or through the SPA website.
        >
        > Thank you to all and Ciao,
        >
        > Dan Carlins (Carlino)

      • Carmen DiGiacomo
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 12, 2013
          Hi Dan. Do you know if you are related to the Colarosa Tree from Pittsburgh. Their parents were Nicola Colarosa and Concetta Rosa Carlini. Concetta's parents were Domenico Carlino and Degna Colajanni.

          Carmen DiGiacomo
          Pittsburgh

          My plans for my trip are now firm. I plan on being in Italy from Sept 6 to Sept 21 as originally planned. I am planning to spend my first week in Rome and during my stay, taking a day trip to SPA. It looks like a 2 1/2 hour drive and thanks to the census documents that have been posted on line, I plan to go right to my address where my family lived many years ago. My grandfather was the first generation born here in 1900. If anyone has any contacts in SPA, I would love to get as much assistance for the day as possible. My Italian is as they say in Pittsburgh,"...not so good!" Wish me luck and I hope to hear from someone.

          Thank you,

          Dan Carlins

          P.S. Thank you Wendy and I have saved your email and look forward to speaking with you again.

          --- In SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com, "daniel c" <dcnanook@...> wrote:

          > I am planning a two week trip to Italy from Sept 7 to Sept 21st approximately. Naturally, I am also planning a short side trip to a lvely little town called San Pietro Avellana. My Great grandfather was Augostino Carlino and my Great grandmother was Palmira Frazzini. They were mnarried in the church in San Pietro before coming to America before the turn of the century.
          >
          > I would like to get some infomration from anyone who has visited SPA and knows a good place to stay that is close or a possible jump off point. You may send me emails in reply direct to me or through the SPA website.
          >
          > Thank you to all and Ciao,
          >
          > Dan Carlins (Carlino)

        • Victor Coloroso
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 12, 2013
            Dan,  we were there last summer and met some great people. The is a Facebook page with allot of great contacts. A few to mention are Frank Frazzini. He lives in Chicago, and has family in SPA and travels back almost every year. We met up with him in person while we were there. Mariella Coliazzi is another great contact from the Facebook group. She grew up in Youngstown OH and moved back to SPA and is a Town Counselors for the community.
            it was a great time just wandering through town. If. I can give you any other information, let me know.

            Victor Coloroso (Colarosa)

            Sent from my Windows Phone

            My plans for my trip are now firm. I plan on being in Italy from Sept 6 to Sept 21 as originally planned. I am planning to spend my first week in Rome and during my stay, taking a day trip to SPA. It looks like a 2 1/2 hour drive and thanks to the census documents that have been posted on line, I plan to go right to my address where my family lived many years ago. My grandfather was the first generation born here in 1900. If anyone has any contacts in SPA, I would love to get as much assistance for the day as possible. My Italian is as they say in Pittsburgh,"...not so good!" Wish me luck and I hope to hear from someone.

            Thank you,

            Dan Carlins

            P.S. Thank you Wendy and I have saved your email and look forward to speaking with you again.

            --- In SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com, "daniel c" <dcnanook@...> wrote:

            > I am planning a two week trip to Italy from Sept 7 to Sept 21st approximately. Naturally, I am also planning a short side trip to a lvely little town called San Pietro Avellana. My Great grandfather was Augostino Carlino and my Great grandmother was Palmira Frazzini. They were mnarried in the church in San Pietro before coming to America before the turn of the century.
            >
            > I would like to get some infomration from anyone who has visited SPA and knows a good place to stay that is close or a possible jump off point. You may send me emails in reply direct to me or through the SPA website.
            >
            > Thank you to all and Ciao,
            >
            > Dan Carlins (Carlino)

          • Ronald Frazzini

              My plans for my trip are now firm. I plan on being in Italy from Sept 6 to Sept 21 as originally planned. I am planning to spend my first week in Rome and during my stay, taking a day trip to SPA. It looks like a 2 1/2 hour drive and thanks to the census documents that have been posted on line, I plan to go right to my address where my family lived many years ago. My grandfather was the first generation born here in 1900. If anyone has any contacts in SPA, I would love to get as much assistance for the day as possible. My Italian is as they say in Pittsburgh,"...not so good!" Wish me luck and I hope to hear from someone.

              Thank you,

              Dan Carlins

              P.S. Thank you Wendy and I have saved your email and look forward to speaking with you again.

              --- In SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com, "daniel c" <dcnanook@...> wrote:

              > I am planning a two week trip to Italy from Sept 7 to Sept 21st approximately. Naturally, I am also planning a short side trip to a lvely little town called San Pietro Avellana. My Great grandfather was Augostino Carlino and my Great grandmother was Palmira Frazzini. They were mnarried in the church in San Pietro before coming to America before the turn of the century.
              >
              > I would like to get some infomration from anyone who has visited SPA and knows a good place to stay that is close or a possible jump off point. You may send me emails in reply direct to me or through the SPA website.
              >
              > Thank you to all and Ciao,
              >
              > Dan Carlins (Carlino)

            • Victor Coloroso
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 12, 2013
                Dan,

                Ron is quite right. Mariella was amazing. We sat and talked with her for a couple hours. And as of last September she was still working in Isernia at the archives.

                Sent from my Windows Phone