      From: Don
      Sent: Monday, February 17, 2014 12:04 PM
      Subject: [SanPietroAvellana] San Pietro Avellana

      Ciao,

      My mother, Irma Ferrante (DiIullo), was born in San Pietro Avellana in 1921.

      My grandmother was Carmela Coliazzi.  My grandfather was Pasquale DiIullo.

      They  immigrated to Youngstown, Ohio when my mom was 6 years old.

      My Aunt Gina Mazzocco lived in SPA until her death.

      My wife and I visited SPA in 1983 and 1990.  At that time we took a train from Pescara to SPA and a bus to Roma.

      We would like to visit again this year in September with another couple.

      I do not know if there still is bus and train service there.

      Even if there is, we were thinking of taking a train from Rome to Isernia and then renting a car to go to San Pietro Avellana and Carovilli.

      I am looking for a car rental agency near the Isernia train station.

      Does anyone know if one exists?

      Are there any other suggestions on travel to the comune di SPA and comune di Carovilli?

      Grazie,

      Donald Ferrante

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic