      From: daniel c
      Sent: 7/12/2013 15:35
      To: SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SanPietroAvellana] Re: A trip is being planned

      Hello to all SPA members,

      My plans for my trip are now firm. I plan on being in Italy from Sept 6 to Sept 21 as originally planned. I am planning to spend my first week in Rome and during my stay, taking a day trip to SPA. It looks like a 2 1/2 hour drive and thanks to the census documents that have been posted on line, I plan to go right to my address where my family lived many years ago. My grandfather was the first generation born here in 1900. If anyone has any contacts in SPA, I would love to get as much assistance for the day as possible. My Italian is as they say in Pittsburgh,"...not so good!" Wish me luck and I hope to hear from someone.

      Thank you,

      Dan Carlins

      P.S. Thank you Wendy and I have saved your email and look forward to speaking with you again.

      --- In SanPietroAvellana@yahoogroups.com, "daniel c" <dcnanook@...> wrote:

      > I am planning a two week trip to Italy from Sept 7 to Sept 21st approximately. Naturally, I am also planning a short side trip to a lvely little town called San Pietro Avellana. My Great grandfather was Augostino Carlino and my Great grandmother was Palmira Frazzini. They were mnarried in the church in San Pietro before coming to America before the turn of the century.
      >
      > I would like to get some infomration from anyone who has visited SPA and knows a good place to stay that is close or a possible jump off point. You may send me emails in reply direct to me or through the SPA website.
      >
      > Thank you to all and Ciao,
      >
      > Dan Carlins (Carlino)

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic