Re: Match day 2010

  • Alexis Ferguson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 19, 2010
      --- In SamahangMedisinaFEUNRMF@yahoogroups.com, "Abbot" <bertito05md@...> wrote:

      > Congrats to all who had matched this year. I would like to congratulate Dr. Kathy Gabon of Class 1998 FEU-NRMF. For those, who wishes to join the match and who are over 7 years since graduation. There is still a chance and it all depends how badly you wanted it. There are a lot of support system and including our group here. Good luck and hope some one shares how are our fellow alums did in this year match. Thanks.

      There are two reasons why I am sharing my experience--- to express my gratitude to all the people who helped me; and, to let future applicants know that in this long and painstaking process, there will always be someone along the way, who's willing to help.

      I was decided to take the USMLE. My first obstacle was the reviewers. There were generous people who offered their materials--- Dr. Arsenio Martin (Tito Sen) for Step 1; Leo Lasala, my classmate and friend for Step2CK; and Patrick Villafuerte for Step2CS. (btw Patrick, there were three of us who used your book) From the beginning, Doc Obet Arias was really patient in explaining the process and the importance of scheduling and deadlines to make it in time for the application season. His tips, along with encouraging words from Leo, Jackilyn Salvador and Ate Joy Tan--- I was able to understand the things I needed to do, and although difficult, it seemed somehow doable.

      I thank Drs. Arsenio and Fe Martin for graciously welcoming me into their home while I was doing my observership. Tito Sen also facilitated for me to have my observership with Dr. Ray Sandoval, but due to time and visa constraints, I was not able to do it. Kuya Manny and Ate Joy Tan let me stay with them in between interviews. My first holidays in the United States were meaningful because of you guys. --- I truly appreciate your kindness and the fact that you sacrificed your privacy, with me in your homes.

      I once got lost on my way to an interview, and Ric Elagio called me on my phone and patiently taught my way out of where I wasÂ… Thank you

      I thank Dr. Agustin, Dr. Fajardo, Dr. Martin and Dean Habacon for the strong letters of recommendation.

      With my personal statement, I thank Ate Joy for the countless times of proofreading it for I can't remember how long. Leo and Tito Sen also looked at my final revision.

      I thank God for answering my prayer! And to everyone I mentioned above, Thank you, thank you, thank you--- cant say thank you enough.

      I hope, in my own little way, I can also do something to help our colleagues.