Re: High Salinity

  • sa1ty_water
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 8:56 PM
      Give it plenty of time to settle. If you haven't added any fish yet
      (which I hope you haven't) turn any filters or pumps off.

      Once things have settled down, start turning things back on. If
      anything really disrupts the substrate, try pointing it a diffrent
      direction. Romove any filters during this because they'll just get
      clogged. Unless you are adding salt by the buckets, it takes some
      work to get the salt to jump. I add about half a cup at a time. I
      wait until the water has cleared before I add more. This way I can
      take quick readings before adding more.

      Once things are going right, replace any filter media and add
      livestock. Have fun.