Mini reefs

  • Brad Jetton
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2002
      hello all. I come to you in search of advice. I'm not new to the
      hobby in fact I had a tank for many years,but had to sell due to
      moving. I'm now looking into doing Nano or mini reefs. Whats your
      ideas and what is the best setup for them?
    • Jay
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 14, 2002
        Hello,

        Welcome to the group. So your setting up a nano-reef...
        First decide what kind of filtration you want to have. You can go
        with a canister or wet/dry or even filterless. This will decide the
        products you need to buy for your setup.

        The hot new thing seems to be the filterless system. In order to do
        this you need a very deep dsb (6"-8"), a lot of live rock, and a good
        protein skimmer.

        My advice is to read up on what others have done with their nano-
        reefs. I have never had a nano-reef. Find out how their setups
        work...and whether or not the are were successful in maintaining the
        heir reef.

        Hope this helped some.

        Jay