Re: [SallyHawkins] Re: Yo! Marcia....

  • BobbyFullerFour@aol.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 31, 2006
      In a message dated 7/31/2006 9:19:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, photohog@... writes:

      David, I love your quit wit and ready replies, whatever the subject matter :)
      annette

      Thank you Annette. I'm flattered, though not sure about the validity of the wit. As one of my friends once told me, "I have to wonder what color the sky really is in your little world....?"

      I love my fun. And this group of mad-caps who are equal to it.

      But I'm serious about my love of all things Sally and this seemingly endless pool of talent (fellow actors/actresses, directors and writers) who are associated with her work. Right now, thanks to the generosity of several members, I'm playing catch-up with Sally's works I haven't seen before and have been involved in some serious off site discussions about TTV. And there is so much more to see!
      Again, thank you for your very kind words.

      Regards,

      David Frank
    • mjmarsh244
      Message 2 of 27 , Aug 1, 2006
        --- In SallyHawkins@yahoogroups.com, BobbyFullerFour@... wrote:

        > But I'm serious about my love of all things Sally and this
        seemingly endless
        > pool of talent (fellow actors/actresses, directors and writers)
        who are
        > associated with her work. Right now, thanks to the generosity of
        several members,
        > I'm playing catch-up with Sally's works I haven't seen before and
        have been
        > involved in some serious off site discussions about TTV. And there
        is so much
        > more to see!
        >
        > David Frank

        Off-site discussions? Well now that's no fun! ;)

        What did you think of TTV by the way David, and Sally's little Zena?

        Marcia
      • BobbyFullerFour@aol.com
        Message 3 of 27 , Aug 1, 2006
          In a message dated 8/1/2006 10:49:34 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, arjjr@... writes:
          Off-site discussions? Well now that's no fun! ;)

          What did you think of TTV by the way David, and Sally's little Zena?
          I figured the movie had been hashed over well before I joined and didn't want to bore anyone....more than I usually do.
          But inasmuch as you asked.....
          I liked Sally's acting but not her role. But I did see FS and AoN first so I knew what she could do at full throttle.
          Episode 1 was pretty good. Episode 2 was disturbing and for me personally, upsetting. Not the sexual excesses but the debasement and cruelty.
          Episode 3 was fantastic! A bit slow at first and perhaps off track from the novel (which I love, as I do all of Sarah's work) but sweet and charming. My first real taste of Jodhi (BIG +!) and seeing Rachael doing those wonderful song and dance numbers. The pub scene was warm, cute and naughty enough to be charming. The skater scene was a bit predictable but is one of my favorites. I guess I'll never out grow my enjoyment of a tender love scene. I thought it was very intense how much eye to eye contact and face to face touching the girls did. Something most men would never dream of doing. I despised Kitty for her, "...but she's not me.." attitude (Good acting on Keely's part!) and I melted (Not from all this friggin' heat) at Jodhi's crooked little half smile at the start of Nan's song. And to dispel the notion men only like women with long hair, I think Rachael in her, "Tom" cut was absolutely gorgeous.
          I could go on but you get the jist.

          Okay! Wake up everybody! I'm finished.

          David Frank
        • Sue Wahoo
          Message 4 of 27 , Aug 2, 2006
            --- BobbyFullerFour@... wrote:

            <re: Tipping the Velvet>

            > I figured the movie had been hashed over well before
            > I joined and didn't want to bore anyone....more
            than >I usually do.

            ::raises an eyebrow:::

            > But inasmuch as you asked.....
            > I liked Sally's acting but not her role. But I did
            > see FS and AoN first so I knew what she could do at
            >full throttle.

            **Have you seen Vera Drake yet?

            > Episode 1 was pretty good.

            **Agreed.

            >Episode 2 was disturbing and for me personally,
            > upsetting. Not the sexual excesses but the
            > debasement and cruelty.

            **Which Nan could've walked away from, at least
            earlier on in the 'relationship' (if that's what one
            wants to call it). I think once she was ensconced, it
            would've been more difficult to leave. As much as I
            like watching Sally in Ep. 2, I usually skip over it
            because it's just discomfiting.

            > Episode 3 was fantastic!

            **Hey-oh! I agree!

            >A bit slow at first and perhaps off track from the
            > novel (which I love, as I do all of Sarah's work)
            > but sweet and charming. My first real taste of Jodhi
            >(BIG +!) and seeing Rachael doing those wonderful
            > song and dance numbers. The pub scene was warm,
            > cute and naughty enough to be charming.

            **I loved the pub scene.

            >The skater scene was a bit predictable but
            > is one of my favorites.

            **I thought it was a tad cheesy, perhaps it was the
            SFX or lack thereof but I still liked it.

            > I guess I'll never out grow my enjoyment of a tender
            > love scene. I thought it was very intense how much
            >eye to eye contact and face to face touching the
            > girls did. Something most men would never dream of
            > doing.

            **I wouldn't know ;) Yes, I sound like a cad but I
            wouldn't have minded if it was a bit more risque.
            Maybe it would've ruined it for others but I was game.
            It's over too fast. :)

            >I despised Kitty for her, "...but she's not me.."
            >attitude (Good acting on Keely's part!)

            ...And here's Sue's reaction: YOU BITCH! :) Yelled
            loud and proud at my poor TV set.

            >and I melted (Not from all this friggin' heat) at
            >Jodhi's crooked little half smile at the start of
            >Nan's song.

            **Word!

            >And to dispel the notion men only like women with
            > long hair, I think Rachael in her, "Tom" cut was
            > absolutely gorgeous.

            **I also like the term 'Tom.' Sarah has such a grasp
            of English, I love reading her novels.

            > Okay! Wake up everybody! I'm finished.

            ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz Huh? Wha?

            Sue

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • BobbyFullerFour@aol.com
            Message 5 of 27 , Aug 2, 2006
              In a message dated 8/2/2006 3:43:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, sue.wahoo@... writes:
              I also like the term 'Tom.' Sarah has such a grasp
              of English, I love reading her novels.
              Yes! It has an entirely different connotation then the, "B" word. I think "Tom" really eliminates the need for role playing by label and allows freedom of emotion as well as sexuality. Does that make any sense?

              David Frank
            • Sue Wahoo
              Message 6 of 27 , Aug 3, 2006
                --- BobbyFullerFour@... wrote:

                > >In a message dated 8/2/2006 3:43:37 P.M. Eastern
                > >Standard Time, sue.wahoo@... writes:
                >
                > >I also like the term 'Tom.' Sarah has such a grasp
                > >of English, I love reading her novels.
                >

                > Yes! It has an entirely different connotation then
                > the, "B" word. I think

                **Banana? Bonehead? Blueberry Blintz? Bee-yotch? Oh
                wait, butch. :)

                > "Tom" really eliminates the need for role playing by
                > label and allows freedom
                > of emotion as well as sexuality. Does that make any
                > sense?

                **No, but it sounds professional.

                Sue

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • BobbyFullerFour@aol.com
                Message 7 of 27 , Aug 3, 2006
                  In a message dated 8/3/2006 8:22:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, sue.wahoo@... writes:
                  Banana? Bonehead? Blueberry Blintz? Bee-yotch? Oh
                  wait, butch. :)
                  No. Actually Blueberry Blintz was correct. How much different would the movie have been if Nan had said, "I had thought and hoped that Flo was a Blueberry Blintz like me."?

                  No, but it sounds professional.
                  I does, doesn't it? Some times I frighten myself.....
                  David Frank
                • Sue Wahoo
                  Message 8 of 27 , Aug 4, 2006
                    --- BobbyFullerFour@... wrote:

                    > >In a message dated 8/3/2006 8:22:08 P.M. Eastern
                    > >Standard Time, sue.wahoo@... writes:
                    >
                    > >Banana? Bonehead? Blueberry Blintz? Bee-yotch? Oh
                    > >wait, butch. :)
                    >
                    > No. Actually Blueberry Blintz was correct. How much
                    > different would the
                    > movie have been if Nan had said, "I had thought and
                    > hoped that Flo was a Blueberry Blintz like me."?

                    **Actually, that sounds pretty damned funny :)

                    > No, but it sounds professional.
                    >
                    > I does, doesn't it? Some times I frighten
                    > myself.....

                    ...and others =:-O

                    Sue

                    http://mail.yahoo.com