Re: [Sailor_Uranus] starlight pronouns

  • CalicoLuvr@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2001
      << As for myself, I used to get confused about which pronouns to use. For
      a while I even just used the pronoun of whatever gender they are at the
      time, and I still do sometimes. But for the most part, I think about
      them like girls all the time and default to "she" most of the time no
      matter the appearance of the moment. That's because I know that no
      matter what they look like on the outside, the boy bodies are really
      just a disguise and they're really girls underneath. >>

      Yeah...I always run into the same problem! I tend to switch on and off
      unpredictably. But a lot of the time i use "he" if talking about "Seiya" and
      "she" if talking about "Starfighter", just because it follows physical form
      and that way people don't get confused. (I have called Seiya "she" before
      while showing someone a picture of her in male form, and people look at me
      kind of funny...<g>)

      ~V-chan~
    • Ten'ou Haruka
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2001
        >But a lot of the time i use "he" if talking about "Seiya" and
        > "she" if talking about "Starfighter", just because it follows
        >physical form

        Well, that is really what a "he" is. If a "he" were really a "she",
        then "she" wouldn't have a penis. Or "he" believes himself a woman.
        This is getting confusing. A person is a he or a she, depending
        either on what he or she believes him or herself to be, whether
        physically or mentally. Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say?
        Ten'ou Haruka
      • Nanamigirl1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2001
          > Well, that is really what a "he" is. If a "he" were really a "she",
          > then "she" wouldn't have a penis. Or "he" believes himself a woman.
          > This is getting confusing. A person is a he or a she, depending
          > either on what he or she believes him or herself to be, whether
          > physically or mentally. Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say?

          I think I know what you mean, but Seiya really has no problem being a guy on
          earth does he? So he would still go as a "he" right? Wow, this is confusing
          me...

          ~* Nanami *~

          Haruka: "I'm not jealous, I just don't like
          the fact that you're looking at
          someone besides me"
          Michiru: "Thats called jealousy Haruka"

          ~* <A HREF="www.come.to/HAMF">www.come.to/HAMF</A> *~