[Sailor_Uranus] About Haruka hater

  • Eli Chang
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
      Well, do you know anyone who hates Haruka? She/he may hate her because of
      different reasons. Some may not like her personality. Some may not like
      her because she is homosexual. Of course we have to respect others' choice
      and view. However, there are really some people who hate Haruka even before
      they know about her...I mean, there are some people who have already hated
      her before watching Sailormoon S. I have met one of these people.

      My penpal ran a Sailormoon survey. She sent me the result. Unfortunately,
      Haruka is not very popular according to the result(for example, she is the
      least beautiful senshi) (how come??). My friend tells me a girl hates her
      and Michiru very much and gives some very unfair comments on them.

      Then I tried to send email to her, to prove that Haruka and Michiru are not
      that bad. I also did a very very silly thing-to send some good Haruka and
      Michiru pics to her. I also listed some examples and also the episode
      numeber in order to support my view.

      After a couple of weeks, she replied me. This time she tried to prove that
      why Haruka and Michiru were losers. To be honest, what she wrote was
      nonsense, pure nonsense. Though she claimed she had watched the series and
      read the manga, what she wrote betrayed her.

      For example:

      "She (Haruka)is just nice to them so that she can figure out if they have
      the talismans."

      "Poor Jupiter liked that THING (Haruka...)because she thought IT was a
      GUY!!"

      "Oh yeah if Michiru is so gay than why did she want Seyia to help her
      undress in that Stars ep.? Um.. must be tired of Haruka." (hahaha)

      Then the reason she didn't like Haruka:

      "Haruka is so mean and arrogant to the other senshi." (perhaps...)

      "Another thing I don't like about Haruka is because she never acts silly or
      funny. She always has to be sacrificing and bitching at Sailormoon, when she
      wants to get a talisman. Why doesn't she just leave the saving the world
      stuff to Moon & group." (she really gets a good point, doesn't she? :P)

      "Jupiter on the other hand is way cooler. What isn't there to like about
      Mako-chan? She's cool and strong and beautiful. Makoto is also good at
      cooking and housecleaning. Haruka is only good at useless things such as
      sports and sacrificing. Plus Mako-chan always shares her cooking with the
      senshi. Haruka never shares her sacrificing with them. What a BITCH:)"
      (I really wonder how old she is to write such thing...)

      In my email, I have also mentioned Haruka has a very good seiyuu, then she
      replied:

      "I never heard of Megumi Ogatta(Ogata) before. Sounds gay. Haruka's seiyuu
      is much better in the manga. Have you even seen the manga?"
      (A seiyuu in manga...?????)

      See, this girl tried to pretend she knew everything but actually she knew
      nothing. She might succeed if I haven't read the manga or watched the
      anime. However, I have read all the manga and watch the whole series in my
      own language. I have also watched the Japanese version of both S and Stars
      seasons.

      I was quite mad at her and replied her at once. But later, I wasn't that
      mad. I even think that if all the Haruka haters are like her, this may be a
      good thing, as they hate Haruka just because they don't know her well, but
      not because of her character. They may like her if they know her better.
      But on the other hand, I think if one starts to hate someone without knowing
      her well, it's very unfair to that someone, right?

      Sorry, my message is really long...I write this just to express my opinions.
      I'm really glad if you read it ^_^

      Yours,
      Eli

      P.S. Will she change her view after watching the NA version of Sailormoon S?

    • Damiana Vance
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
        Eli, from all the examples you listed from her emails (doesn't EVERY manga have
        voice talent?!? Geez) it's obvious she's very ignorant. It's very hard to take
        someone so lacking in intelligence seriously. Even though I love Haruka, I
        could at least respect her opinion if her reasoning was thoughtful and
        well-expressed. Oh well.

        Rev. Damiana
        =^_^=
        chibi-ryoko
        http://bounce.to/wondermelmo

        "Once an old person finds a grape, all their bitterness about World War II
        goes away." - Conan O'Brien
      • hamster_soyan@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2000
          Hi,long time no see......
          I haven't drop any message here long because here seems to be only
          talking the America version Sailormoon only...

          To be honest,I don't want to talk to a BAKA.

          If that guy sent such a e-mail to me,
          I'll just simply reply her like the following:

          " Well,after seeing your letter,I feel very disapointing. It seems
          to me that you haven't got a clear idea of the whole TV version of
          Sailormoon series, neither the comic version.

          For Sailormoon, there's no seiyuu of comics version-->only CD
          drama version got seiyuu , but the seiyuu is just the same as the TV
          series, this is the base knowledge of Sailormoon...do you unstand
          this?

          And,I'd like to ask you a question.
          What version of Sailormoon that you'd watched?... I mean , did you
          read pirate copies of Sailormoon comic/TV version with poor
          translation instead of the official/Japanese version?!

          I asked so because your letter shown me that "it's a letter
          from a lier(or we can say a "know-it-all") , who just saw one or two
          storys about Sailormoon/gather the information from one or two Web-
          sites only & pretended had saw the whole picture...

          This can explain why you said so much impossible & foolish
          argument on your previous letter!

          If you really want to know Sailormoon better, I can help you.
          I'd make up a check list of the LD of the Sailormoon Super &
          SailorStar, you can try to order the original Japanese version LD in
          order to know all the Senshi better, espically Sailor Uranus & Sailor
          Neptune. The serial no. that I listed out can help you to order the
          LD! (But please notice one thing, the list is typed in Japanese,you
          need the programme of "Njstar" or other sofeware to view the words.)
          I hope you can be a real professor about Sailormoon when I see
          you next time......"

          Seems a little bit harsh, right? ^^6
          Although I'm a easy guy,but I'm not so nice when I saw something
          related with Haruka /Ogata sama.

          Eli,can you give such BAKAYAROU's e-mail address to me?!
          I want to stop those BAKABANASHI !!!!
        • daniosnow2@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2000
            <>"Another thing I don't like about Haruka is because she never acts silly
            or
            <>funny. She always has to be sacrificing and bitching at Sailormoon, when
            she
            <>wants to get a talisman. Why doesn't she just leave the saving the world
            <>stuff to Moon & group." (she really gets a good point, doesn't she? :P)

            She was destined to get those talisman (and I didn't really see that much of
            SM (anime/and none of the manga) so I don't understand or know as much as the
            others who have, so if I'm wrong somebody correct me), she does sometimes
            leave the saving the world stuff to Moonface & co. (moonface:ha ha I like
            that nickname^_^(wasn't it given to Usagi by Haruka?)) If you've noticed
            (which I doubt you have) Uranus and Neptune sometimes step aside to let
            Moonface & Co. take care of things, that is, after they find out the heart
            crystals aren't talismans in their little hiding spot for the moment. Other
            than that they jump out and snatch the crystals away from the Inners' grasps
            and examine them. If they are not heart crystals they toss it over to
            Moonface, or whoever, and tell them to give it back to its owner and then
            walk away.

            <> "Jupiter on the other hand is way cooler. What isn't there to like about
            <>Mako-chan? She's cool and strong and beautiful. Makoto is also good at
            <> cooking and housecleaning. Haruka is only good at useless things such as
            <> sports and sacrificing. Plus Mako-chan always shares her cooking with the
            <> senshi. Haruka never shares her sacrificing with them. What a BITCH:)"
            <> (I really wonder how old she is to write such thing...)( I wonder too)

            Someone's gotta sacrifice once in a while to save others/the
            world(anything).. If we didn't have anyone who's sacrifice themselves(etc.)
            a lot of people would've been dead by now. (Exactly how are you supposed to
            share sacrificing?)

            <> "I never heard of Megumi Ogatta(Ogata) before. Sounds gay. Haruka's seiyuu
            <> is much better in the manga. Have you even seen the manga?"
            <> (A seiyuu in manga...?????)

            -_-******* idiot, idiot, idiot, idiot,.. -_-
          • Sailor Avalon
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 2000
              <daniosnow2@...> wrote:
              > She was destined to get those talisman (and I didn't really see that much
              of
              > SM (anime/and none of the manga) so I don't understand or know as much as
              the
              > others who have, so if I'm wrong somebody correct me), she does sometimes
              > leave the saving the world stuff to Moonface & co. (moonface:ha ha I like
              > that nickname^_^(wasn't it given to Usagi by Haruka?))

              It was given to Serena by Amara. Haruka's nickname for Usagi is 'odango
              atama' (odango=dumpling(s), atama=head).
              It seems to be her (and Michiru's) destiny to find the talismans. In the
              SuperS special, after they've beaten the puppet thingy, they seem to
              indicate that they'll leave saving the world to Usagi and the others:
              (this is my translation, sorry if it's a little off)
              H: Could this be a new enemy?
              M: It's all right, because the Messiah and the others are in this world.
              H: That's right. . . because she and the others are in this world.
              So maybe they figure that Sailor Moon and the others can handle saving the
              world, until Neherenia and Galaxia appear in Stars.

              > If you've noticed
              > (which I doubt you have) Uranus and Neptune sometimes step aside to let
              > Moonface & Co. take care of things, that is, after they find out the heart
              > crystals aren't talismans in their little hiding spot for the moment.
              Other
              > than that they jump out and snatch the crystals away from the Inners'
              grasps
              > and examine them. If they are not heart crystals they toss it over to
              > Moonface, or whoever, and tell them to give it back to its owner and then
              > walk away.

              Yup. :) At first they don't seem to care about defeating the daimons, but
              later they start helping out (although in one episode, Uranus says it would
              be too good a service if they helped them every time ^^;). But, they know
              that Sailor Moon and the others wouldn't be able to do their mission
              (finding the talismans) because they (the former) wouldn't be able to
              sacrifice anyone.

              > <> "Jupiter on the other hand is way cooler. What isn't there to like
              about
              > <>Mako-chan? She's cool and strong and beautiful. Makoto is also good at
              > <> cooking and housecleaning. Haruka is only good at useless things such
              as
              > <> sports and sacrificing. Plus Mako-chan always shares her cooking with
              the
              > <> senshi. Haruka never shares her sacrificing with them. What a BITCH:)"
              > <> (I really wonder how old she is to write such thing...)( I wonder too)

              I wonder too. . . geez, a new dimension to the whole 'favorite senshi'
              thing. >_<

              > Someone's gotta sacrifice once in a while to save others/the
              > world(anything).. If we didn't have anyone who's sacrifice
              themselves(etc.)
              > a lot of people would've been dead by now. (Exactly how are you supposed
              > share sacrificing?)

              Well, see, you give someone the bloody knife (or gun, in this case) after
              you're done so they can follow. Or maybe it's like a double (multiple?)
              suicide thing. ^_~

              > <> "I never heard of Megumi Ogatta(Ogata) before. Sounds gay. Haruka's
              seiyuu
              > <> is much better in the manga. Have you even seen the manga?"
              > <> (A seiyuu in manga...?????)
              >
              > -_-******* idiot, idiot, idiot, idiot,.. -_-

              I'd like to second that (your comment, not the thing about Megumi Ogata).
              On a VERY happier note, since someone mentioned manga (hehe, I would
              probably have found another excuse to talk about it anyway ^.^), I bought
              the Oniisama he aizoban version (I'm assuming it was all put into one volume
              and not 2 like Rose of Versailles, since the place I bought it from didn't
              call it 'volume 1' or anything) a few days ago and it should be here any
              day! Yipee! ^_____^

              Sailor Avalon
              michiru@...
              http://anime.at/harumichi
            • Yvonne
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 2, 2000
                I've known some Haruka haters mainly cos she looks boyish. Of course,
                they juz assume she's a lesbian (stereotype but unfortunately also
                true) and then start commenting unkind things about her such as when
                she's in her Sailor fuku, she looks weird and how can anyone rely on
                such a person to save the Earth etc...these are some people whom have
                seen me carrying her picture around on my file and only watch the
                first 2 seasons of Sailormoon. It's weird you know, but people are
                not willing to open their minds up to other opinions esp good ones.

                And since when Haruka being sacrificial to save the world be a bad
                thing?? And it's also really sad that juz cos she's homosexual, she
                deserves less credit. Certain things juz doesn't have anything to do
                with her sexual preferences.

                Eli: where is this survey done? It's really annoying to read their
                insult against Megumi Ogata!!

                Yvonne