NA SMS, seramyu, and japanese

  • DragonMizu@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 12:02 AM
      Wow, gone for a week and all hell has broken loose.
      First off, when that first letter regarding NA SMS came out, my heart
      literally seethed. I couldn't believe they were doing that. I could
      understand on video and dvd, but on TV? That means big time censorship. I
      doubt Michiru and Haruka's relationship will be too obvious, considering this
      will be shown on Cartoon Network. However, they also show Gundam Wing which
      is just slightly censored. (Late at night, they show the uncensored
      version.) They could do this for SMS, but I don't know... When the SD
      International Comic-Con begins in July, I'm going to go there and stock up on
      SMS videos before they all get eaten up by hungry consumers.
      And then I went further down the list....
      Do I see stereotyping? (I know this has been beaten to death, but it
      offended me so much....you can skip it if you want.) See, I thought that
      people on this list were generally open-minded. Yeah, a few 'complaints'
      about men and such, but nothing as big as this. Of course, being Japanese
      myself, I have to defend my heritage. Saying something like, "Japanese
      people are stout," makes me feel kind of bad. That's the same thing as me
      telling one of my Japanese friends that, "American people shouldn't play
      chars in SM because they're obese," which they all aren't. Generalizing a
      group of people like that is extremely wrong and disgusts me.
      Sorry about the ranting, everybody, especially if I offended anybody.

      ~~~~Tenshi

      "Moonlight descends
      on the wind's flapping wings.
      Night on the surface of blue water