200 Days of Sailor Moon - Episode 146

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2013
      I spotted this info on the newsgroup alt.fan.sailor-moon, thanks for
      reading, arigato

      Stéphane Dumas

      Le samedi 21 octobre 2006 09:01:29 UTC-4, Phoenix a écrit :Chris Kern
      wrote:

      >Episode 146 - Holiday at Tenth Street! An innocent princess
      >
      >Ami, Makoto, Rei, and Minako do not appear in this episode at all.
      >That's pretty rare -- usually they make at least a minor appearance.

      Usagi and Chibiusa were really cute in their yukata. It would have
      been a nice treat to see the entire gang dressed up.

      >Another funny MotD balloon ball monster. Tuxedo Kamen throws his rose
      >and starts to say his line but the monster just rolls over it and
      >stops the music.

      The first time I saw this episode, that was a real spit-take moment
      for me. There is also a scene with the more subtle, physical humor
      that just cracks me up. Earlier, there was a four way conversation
      between Mamoru, Usagi, Chibiusa and Princess Lubina. Mamoru promised
      to buy Usagi anything she wanted since he would not be able to go to
      the fair with her. As Usagi was jumping up and down with glee,
      Chibiusa said something to the effect that you should not buy a child
      everything she wanted. Mamoru thought that was a very wise saying and
      you could see that Usagi was fuming. The scene cut to Mamoru walking
      away and then back to a very thoughtful looking Lubina. Off to the
      side, you see Usagi and Chibiusa wrestling in a face-stretching
      contest as a result of Chibiusa's comments. That little off-centered
      scene makes me smile every time I see it.

      I suppose the lesson for today would be how love of country can
      supersede the other forms of love. But such a love does not come
      without great personal sacrifice. You must give up your own love and
      desires for those of your countrymen. Not an easy thing to be sure.

      The dub was OK, except that they made Princess Lubina into Duchess
      Rubina. Also, where in the original the balloon vendor was encouraging
      the boy to continue his tantrum, in the dub the vendor was attempting
      the exact opposite, to discourage the boy.

      --
      Phoenix
      www.phoenixanime.com <http://www.phoenixanime.com>