Fwd: 200 Days of Sailor Moon - Episode 140

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 3:50 AM
      Here a info from the newsgroup alt.fan.sailor-moon thanks for
      reading,arigato

      Stéphane Dumas

      From: Phoenix<phoe...@...>
      Date: 14 oct 2006, 13:10
      To: alt.fan.sailor-moon

      Chris Kern wrote:
      >Episode140- We love mini-skirts! Fashionable warriors

      You've got to love that title ^_^

      >The dub must have had a fun time with thisepisode, given its
      >homosexual overtones and seeing Fish Eye without a shirt (they had
      >already said FE was a woman in the dub).

      There are a number of interesting things here in the dub. Since the
      DVD version is unedited, we are presented with a situation where a
      'woman' is prancing around topless far more then you would expect from
      a family oriented series. And not only topless but with intimate
      detailing as well. Looking to SMU for details, the televised airing
      did alot of cuts and frame zooming to eliminate any views of FE's
      chest. They also turned Usui's assistant into Usui's brother to
      explain why they would be so intimate with each other (Ewwww!).

      Now for the good points. Immediately after the eyecatch, when the
      design staff quits, FE starts speaking with a deeper, sultry voice
      that is simply outstanding. If they would have used this voice all the
      time, it would have made the dub FE character so much better and still
      left him portrayed as a woman. That high-pitched, fingernails on a
      chalkboard screech they use the rest of the time is just so very, very
      horrible.

      Also, in the playground scene between Serena and Usui, Linda
      Ballantyne really did a fine job cajoling Usui into designing her a
      wedding dress. It's one of the few times that I enjoyed the dub
      presentation as much as I did the original version.

      All in all, it was a very good dub given the changes that were
      necessary.

      >Thisepisodehas the second balloon MotD. I especially like when the
      >Tux theme starts playing and he looks around, then the rose comes out
      >and deflates him.

      Some of the funniest TM entrances come from the SMSS season. Also, did
      you notice the seal nipping at Fisheye's foot as he left the scene
      (Don't eat me!!). ^_^

      <snipped>

      >Fish Eye's secondepisode. TE 9, HE 2, FE 2.

      It has only been two episodes, but already it seems that FE is focused
      on developing a real (although deceitful) relationship with his
      victims. He only turns on them when they spurn his 'love'.

      As for our lesson on love topic in thisepisode, let's call it,
      hmmmmm, love for one's vocation.

      --
      Phoenixwww.phoenixanime.com