Hi there . . . I'm new

  • Haruka
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 7, 2003
      Hi y'all, I'm new to the group. My name's Christine. I went looking
      for a cool group on a whim, since I'm only the most Sailor Uranus-
      obsessed person in this hicktown that I call home, and you can't see
      it at all from all the internet searches and advance reserves and
      constantly changing Haruka desktops I've got. (Even my MOM, who's
      seen maybe 5 minutes of Haruka in her whole life, knows more about
      Haruka than she does about my teachers! And no, I'm not psycho . . .
      but Haruka is so much COOLER than anyone around here, barring my
      best friend.)

      I do write fanfiction, but it's hard to put a label on so far as
      rating. Some would say R, some PG-13, some would call it limes,
      others would call it "slightly suggestive comedy/romance." Depends
      on how straitlaced you are. The general rating I give is PG-13, but
      could someone here who knows what they're talking about please give
      me guidelines to follow? You might have seen me ONCE (for about a
      week) in an ancient and defunct fanfiction archive as Sailor
      Charone/Tenoh Alexis. I doubt it, but hey, I can dream. I'd love to
      get some of my stuff published online as even my teachers are always
      going on about how good it is.

      Well, I think I've gone on long enough . . .

      Christine
    • vwjustme@aol.com
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 7, 2003
        *waves* ^^ Hey, I know I don't post much, but there's usually nothing I can
        reply to, so yeah..Well anyways, I'm interested to know where and what fanfic
        you write. I'm always looking for a good fanfic to read about the Sailors and
        stuff, so maybe you could send me the site or whatever? Well, thanks ahead of
        time. Ja!

        ~Vivian

      • ILuvNaoTakagi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 7, 2003
          Welcome, and I love those kind of fanfics so you have nothing to worry about,
          hope to see you around soon!
          Ill add you to my MSN list, im also a HUGE BSSM fan, massive!
          xoxoxooxoxx
          Claire
          "Galaxia_Gorgeous@..."

        • mariflor rabe
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 8, 2003
            Elo guyz!!!! Well, I would like to inspire those who write fanfics 'bout their fave charac. especially Uranus and Neptune! Don't let anyone stand on your way!! Please continue sending good links to nice fanfics.... I would like to congratulate Naia of this group for having a wonderful site and REALLY Cool Fanifics about Haruka and Michiru..... Visit Naia's site at this Address: http://members.fortunecity.com/naia_zifu/index.html . Visit this site and you'll have fun...

            Uhmm... Naia, I copied your fanfics for my own reading.. I really like them.. I respect your rights in the fanfics... Thank you and congratulations for the WonDerful work!!!

            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 8, 2003
              Welcome on the mailing list Christine ^_^ perhaps you already know about
              Fanfiction.net aka FF.net http://www.fanfiction.net here some others fanfics
              sites where you can submit your stories
              Anime Fiction http://www.anime-fiction.net/index.php or
              http://www.anime-fiction.net
              Mediaminer http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic
              Soupfiction http://www.soupfiction.net
              Efanfiction http://www.efanfiction.net
              Fandomination http://www.fandomination.net
              SM Romance http://www.moonromance.net/

              A thing than I wondered is how Haruka could react if she had to team with
              Sakura (from CCS/Card Captor Sakura) or Sam, Clover and Alex from TS(Totally
              Spies, a cartoon with lots of anime style and references than I liked)?

              thanks for reading, arigato

              St├ęphane Dumas
            • Tamara
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 15, 2003
                Yeah, I'm new as well. Haruka's my favorite BSSM character and I
                thought it was about time that I joined a Sailor Uranus club.

                I hope they get a good actress to play Haruka when Sailor Uranus
                comes into the plot line for PGSM.

                + Tamara +
              • Tamara

                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 15, 2003
                    Me too! she better be as sexy and talented as Nao-sama!!!!!!!!

                  • Katrina
                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 16, 2003
                      Are they planning to take the series that far? I mean, right now
                      they're just re-doing the first season. They've still got to go
                      through R before they get to Haruka. (Or maybe... just maybe they'll
                      realize their mistake with the anime and go, "You know what? I don't
                      think anyone likes Chibiusa. I mean, we based a whole series off of
                      her and our ratings went down the toilet. Maybe we should bring the
                      outer senshi back in, I mean, the S series being the most popular of
                      the five. Just a thought.")

                      *Shrugs* I haven't seen it yet, but I have to say, I was kind of
                      dissapointed with the concept of PGSM. I would much rather see more
                      anmie, but even more so, I want to see a new plot. I don't know if re-
                      doing old stories in live form will really be a success. (At least in
                      they're going to do SuperS, I hope they follow the manga more
                      closely.)

                      -Katrina

                      --- In Sailor_Uranus@yahoogroups.com, "Tamara" <knightsabertami@e...>

                    • ILuvNaoTakagi@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 16, 2003
                        you know, not everyone hates Chibiusa, i personally love her and hope they do
                        create her character in PGSM, shes one of my favourites!

                      • Katrina
                        Message 11 of 19 , Nov 16, 2003
                          Gomen, I didn't mean to go bashing characters. I don't really hate
                          her, I just don't think she should have been the focus of a full
                          series when the outer senshi were totally kicked out. (In the manga,
                          they re-appear halfway through, and until they do, the inner senshi
                          really miss them. In the anime, they seemed to have forgotten they
                          exist, accept for about five seconds in the bonus epiodes when Usagi
                          wonders "what Haruka and Michiru are up to nowadays.")

                          Actually, now that I think about it, I gave Chibiusa a fairly large
                          role in my last fanfic, which I set in the future. I think I like her
                          better as Lady Serenity though, she's much more graceful and mature.
                          She's kinda kawaii as a child, I suppose, but I don't think she holds
                          a candle to Chibi Chibi in the cuteness department.

                          As far as the live series changing Haruka's character, I don't think
                          they'll make her more girly. If any changes were made, it would
                          probably be in the opposite direction. (I think she's much less
                          feminine in the anime than she is in the manga.)

                          -Katrina

                          --- In Sailor_Uranus@yahoogroups.com, ILuvNaoTakagi@a... wrote:
                          > you know, not everyone hates Chibiusa, i personally love her and
                          hope they do
                          > create her character in PGSM, shes one of my favourites!

                        • kanariya
                          Message 12 of 19 , Nov 16, 2003
                            >(I think she's much less
                            feminine in the anime than she is in the manga.)

                            I'd have to say I feel the opposite about that. There are a lot of
                            manga pictures where Haruka appears very feminine, but in terms of
                            behavior...it's the *manga* in which Haruka was truly posing as a man
                            for quite some time. When we first encounter Haruka and Michiru, it's
                            as "the famous racecar driver Ten'ou Haruka and his sweetheart, Kaiou
                            Michiru". And certainly, Haruka doesn't do anything to dissuade Usagi
                            from her assumption that Haruka is a man for quite some time after the
                            two of them meet.

                            Also, simply in terms of appearance, there are so many places in the
                            manga where she appears more androgynous to me...she often has nearly
                            the same face shape as Mamoru. O_o In my opinion they softened the
                            lines of her face and body quite a bit for the anime, although there
                            really aren't many signs of the make-up and skimpy clothing that we
                            sometimes see in the manga.

                            In any event...I can't say I'm enjoying PGSM too much so far. It's so
                            very much like Power Rangers, which I never much enjoyed. o_O
                            Particularly the villians are driving me crazy...<coughs> But that's
                            just my opinion. For what it's meant to be (and it's geared towards a
                            significantly younger audience than either the BSSM manga or anime), I
                            think they're doing a pretty good job. :) As for me...when it comes to
                            live action, I much prefer Seramyu. ;P

                            CW
                          • kanariya
                            Message 13 of 19 , Nov 16, 2003

                              Message 14 of 19 , Nov 17, 2003
                                Haruka didn't really go out of her way to tell Usagi in the anime,
                                though either. She just happened to get caught much earlier (a
                                favorite scene of mine, btw, I still crack up when I watch it.) Even
                                though the anime never draws Haruka wearing feminine clothing, they
                                still draw her consistantly, which I liked. Naoko Takeuchi literally
                                draws Haruka two different ways, depending on what she wants the
                                audience to think. So even when it should be obvious that Haruka's
                                female, she still doesn't look it. I guess it's an artistic thing...?

                                I guess as far as personality goes, I kinda agree with you, although
                                the anime does seem to take some of Haruka's gentler emotions away
                                from her. (Not that guys can't be gentle, though they do have a
                                sterotype against them.)

                                I can think of only one time Haruka wears make-up in the anime, and
                                that's the lipstick that appears when she transforms. There was also
                                the one time she was wearing a dress in Michiru's painting, but I
                                don't really know if that counts. ^_^

                                I still want to watch the fansubs of Sera Myu sometime, but I'm not
                                sure where to start. Do the musicals follow each other as far as
                                storyline goes or can you just pick up any of them and understand
                                what's going on?

                                -Katrina

                                --- In Sailor_Uranus@yahoogroups.com, kanariya <kanariya@s...> wrote:
                                > >(I think she's much less
                                > feminine in the anime than she is in the manga.)
                                >
                                > I'd have to say I feel the opposite about that. There are a lot of
                                > manga pictures where Haruka appears very feminine, but in terms of
                                > behavior...it's the *manga* in which Haruka was truly posing as a
                                man
                                > for quite some time. When we first encounter Haruka and Michiru,
                                it's
                                > as "the famous racecar driver Ten'ou Haruka and his sweetheart,
                                Kaiou
                                > Michiru". And certainly, Haruka doesn't do anything to dissuade
                                Usagi
                                > from her assumption that Haruka is a man for quite some time after
                                the
                                > two of them meet.
                                >
                                > Also, simply in terms of appearance, there are so many places in the
                                > manga where she appears more androgynous to me...she often has
                                nearly
                                > the same face shape as Mamoru. O_o In my opinion they softened the
                                > lines of her face and body quite a bit for the anime, although there
                                > really aren't many signs of the make-up and skimpy clothing that we
                                > sometimes see in the manga.
                                >
                                > In any event...I can't say I'm enjoying PGSM too much so far. It's
                                so
                                > very much like Power Rangers, which I never much enjoyed. o_O
                                > Particularly the villians are driving me crazy...<coughs> But that's
                                > just my opinion. For what it's meant to be (and it's geared towards
                                > significantly younger audience than either the BSSM manga or
                                anime), I
                                > think they're doing a pretty good job. :) As for me...when it comes
                                > live action, I much prefer Seramyu. ;P
                                >
                                > CW
                              • kanariya
                                Message 15 of 19 , Nov 17, 2003
                                  >I still want to watch the fansubs of Sera Myu sometime, but I'm not
                                  sure where to start. Do the musicals follow each other as far as
                                  storyline goes or can you just pick up any of them and understand
                                  what's going on?

                                  They don't really follow anything. O_o They're pretty alternate
                                  universe in a lot of ways as far as either the manga or the anime are
                                  concerned, although they certainly draw a lot of elements from each,
                                  of course. (More from the manga, I would say.) As far as the musicals
                                  following each other...the storyline seems to be all *over* the place.
                                  I mean, considering that Galaxia and Beryl can be working together in
                                  the same musical...;P I haven't been watching them in any particular
                                  order and I've been able to follow what's going on fairly well. Each
                                  musical is quite self-contained.

                                  You can buy them subtitled here:

                                  http://www.geocities.com/kenyuen1/sm/SeramyuSubtitled.htm

                                  ...if you didn't already know (;P), or you can download some of them
                                  at #solarmiracle on mirc-x if you want to sample 'em. :)

                                  BTW, sorry about the doubles of my last message...not sure what was
                                  going on with that. O_o

                                  CW
                                • ILuvNaoTakagi@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Nov 17, 2003
                                    People People People!
                                    Everyone knows that the First Stage Musicals, 1993 - 1998 aka Anza Oyama as
                                    Sailormoon. Followed the Anime very well, up until Eien Densetsu, which is the
                                    type you are refering too, with Beryl and Galaxia working together, if you
                                    people want to learn about musicals. Go to my msn group
                                    http://groups.msn.com/naotakagiandhikariono
                                    Its a SeraMyu group, and i can tell you everything you want to know about
                                    musicals if you add me to your buddy list and we can talk sometime!
                                    AOL or AIM: ILuvNaoTakagi@...
                                    MSN: Galaxia_Gorgeous@...
                                    I can also send you video clips, give you recommendations to sites, and send
                                    songs and pictures of anyone you want ^^ so i hope to chat sometime! see you!
                                    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoox
                                    Claire

                                  • Katrina
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Nov 18, 2003
                                      I dunno. I'm thinking I might enjoy the musicals that change the plot
                                      around more so than the ones that follow it exactly. I'm kinda of
                                      curious about the one with Galaxia and Beryl working together. It's
                                      been a while since I've watched a new Sailor Moon plot. I'm hoping
                                      Pretty Guardian can put some different twists to it.

                                      -Katrina

                                      --- In Sailor_Uranus@yahoogroups.com, ILuvNaoTakagi@a... wrote:
                                      > People People People!
                                      > Everyone knows that the First Stage Musicals, 1993 - 1998 aka Anza
                                      Oyama as
                                      > Sailormoon. Followed the Anime very well, up until Eien Densetsu,
                                      which is the
                                      > type you are refering too, with Beryl and Galaxia working together,
                                      if you
                                      > people want to learn about musicals. Go to my msn group
                                      > http://groups.msn.com/naotakagiandhikariono
                                      > Its a SeraMyu group, and i can tell you everything you want to know
                                      about
                                      > musicals if you add me to your buddy list and we can talk sometime!
                                      > AOL or AIM: ILuvNaoTakagi@a...
                                      > MSN: Galaxia_Gorgeous@h...
                                      > I can also send you video clips, give you recommendations to sites,
                                      and send
                                      > songs and pictures of anyone you want ^^ so i hope to chat
                                      sometime! see you!
                                      > xoxoxoxoxoxoxoox
                                      > Claire

                                    • Haruka
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Nov 30, 2003
                                        Where do you see/buy the musicals? I have heard of them before, but
                                        do you think I can find out where they are?

                                        And what's all this about Beryl and Galaxia? I thought Beryl died in
                                        the beginning . . .

                                        Christine
                                      • kanariya
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Nov 30, 2003
                                          >Where do you see/buy the musicals? I have heard of them before, but
                                          do you think I can find out where they are?

                                          You can buy the original copies of them at http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/

                                          You can buy them fan-subtitled at: http://zap.to/cruelangel/

                                          You can download clips of them, and sometimes full musicals (both
                                          subbed and unsubbed) on mIRC at the #solarmiracle channel. :)

                                          >And what's all this about Beryl and Galaxia? I thought Beryl died in
                                          the beginning . . .

                                          The musicals quite often take off in their own directions from either
                                          the manga or the anime, and unlike an earlier poster stated, they do
                                          so even before Eien Densetsu (the musical with Beryl and
                                          Galaxia)...for example, in the SuperS musical, Hotaru works for the
                                          Dead Moon Circus, whereas of course in both the manga and the anime it
                                          was the Death Busters that Hotaru was heavily involved with. Things
                                          like that. :)

                                          In Eien Densetsu, which continues on from the story started in the
                                          Sailor Stars musical, Galaxia revives Queen Beryl (and the original
                                          Eien Densetsu musical also contains Kunzite and Zoisite) in order to
                                          use her as part of her plan to take over the Earth (i.e. take the
                                          solar senshi's star seeds, as she did in in the anime). The Eien
                                          Densetsu musicals are...very interesting. ^^ I really enjoyed them.

                                          CW