Re: Digest Number 1137

  • Katrina <kadabra64_2000@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
      *nods* Actually, I never really thought of Haruka as being only 16 or
      17 in the anime or the manga. She always struck me as being somewhere
      in her early twenties. I mean, she's living on her own, she has a
      career, and she's helping raise Hotaru. I don't know many 17 year
      olds who do all that. (I'm sure there are some, I just don't know
      them.)

      I always like to touch up my pictures on the computer, as you could
      probably tell by the last one I did. I typically will draw something
      on paper, then use the computer to color it, but occasionally I use
      it just to add background. I think I'm just better at that than I am
      and hand-drawn pictures. The program with computers is that you never
      have an original copy of your work. But Photoshop's still become one
      of my favorite programs. Hmm... I could try adding the wings onto the
      picture, if you wanted. ^_^

      -Katrina
    • St├ęphane Dumas
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
        >17 in the anime or the manga. She always struck me as being somewhere in her early twenties.

        It should be around 16-17 years old, the minimun age required to drive a car in Quebec, Canada and also as well as others Canadian provinces is 16 years old minimun and I think it's around 16 years old in Japan as well. And since Haruka drives a car, I guess it's approximately 16-17 years old. I wondered what IF Haruka/Amara was the leader of the Sailors Scouts/Senshi instead of Serena/Usagi? She should apply for a job at International Rescue and pilot a Thunderbird (for those who don't know Thunderbirds, here some good sites http://internationalrescue.tripod.com/thunderbirdsarego and http://www.thunderbirdsonline.co.uk ) or working at the WOOHP (the secret organization in the cartoon Totally Spies, of course, Haruka's partner will be Michiru/Michelle)

        And welcome at the mailing list Katrina, I hope you'll like your journey ^_^

        St├ęphane Dumas
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canroads/ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/totallyspies/ (I'm not the creator, I'm just
        a member of these mailings lists -_-;;)

      • Naia Zifu <naia_zifu@birdangel.net>
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2003
          It's true, Haruka-sama and Michiru act very mature for their age, and
          they even lack the weird little youth marks under the eyes that
          Usagi-tachi have. I'd have to think it's their mission that does it
          to them, as in the flashback. . . well, not only do they have youth
          marks then and not in the present (weird. . .), but Haruka-sama makes
          such a huge change from irresponsible and having no passion in life,
          to the devoted and passionate girl we see in the series (ooh,
          double-entendre. . .). I guess feeling responsible for the fate of
          the world does that to people. . .
          The legal driving age in Japan, I think, is 18, isn't it? Haruka-sama
          was asked about her driving once, and said she got her licence
          overseas. I dunno if that was true or if she was driving illegally
          and invented an excuse, though. *shrugs* What's the minimum age for
          an international driver's licence, anyway? Or did she go to America
          for it, where the minimum age is 16? *wonders*
          I only touch up pictures in computer if they're in really horrid
          shape, like sometimes I'll darken ones that have faded excessively or
          try to obscure tape lines on ones that got torn. But I like to show
          what I really can do with my two hands, not what some computer program
          can do, so I'm very against the idea of touching them up too much or
          adding anything. I wouldn't feel it was a fair representation of my
          artistic efforts if I did that.