Re: [Sailor_Uranus] Where have we been OT (was :Sorry to spoil the fun, but.)..

  • EvilDusk00@aol.com
    Message 1 of 25 , Aug 1, 2001
      Where have I been? Practicing my saxophone for band camp which starts next
      week and lasts all August >< oh what fun. I've also been radomly laying
      around and doing nothing, which I do quite often.
      Eh, that reminds me, I have to read Jane Erye. Stupid english class....

      Alyson
    • animan1
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 1, 2001
        "Where have we been?" the eternal question. Or maybe not. Personally,
        I've been busy getting a job, and planning my trip to the Twin Cities coming
        up. Unforunately, I can't go to any cons this year. It's hard enough to
        get my dad to allow me to go to the Twin Cities and get someone to drive; it
        would be nearly impossible to get permission (and actually get to) an anime
        con. That's what sucks about the Midwest, nothing interesting ever comes
        here.

        sincerely,
        Daniel (animan1)
      • Dangerwhat1984@aol.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Aug 1, 2001
          >Where have I been? Practicing my saxophone for band camp which starts next
          >week and lasts all August >< oh what fun. I've also been radomly laying
          >around and doing nothing, which I do quite often.
          >Eh, that reminds me, I have to read Jane Erye. Stupid english class....
          >Alyson
          Really? I play Saxaphone too. I'm skipping Band Camp this year (just like
          every other year) as it is next week and I'm going to Otakon.

          Danger What

        • Lita486@aol.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Aug 1, 2001
            I play the flute! But I had to quit band when I got to high school because If
            you wanted to be in band you had to be in marching band and I HATE marching
            band, plus the fact that if I'm in the sun too long I get REALLY REALLY bad
            headaches!!! I mean REEEEAAAAL bad headaches! You have no Idea. And I quite
            during the summer before I went to 9th grade when we were practicing and now
            the band teacher hates me and thinks I'm a quiter. But if thinks I'm gonna
            die for his sorry @$$ he's got another thing comin'! And if he give me
            another bad look my friends and I are gonna kick a saxaphone up his "bottom"
            *clears throat* well, I guess it's safe to say I'm losin' it......BUT IT'S
            HIS FAULT! ^ - ^;;

            Ruka-chan

          • Gina ¢‰a?\?v
            Message 5 of 25 , Aug 1, 2001
              --- In Sailor_Uranus@y..., Lita486@a... wrote:
              band teacher hates me and thinks I'm a quiter. But if thinks I'm
              gonna
              > die for his sorry @$$ he's got another thing comin'! And if he
              give me
              > another bad look my friends and I are gonna kick a saxaphone
              up his "bottom"
              > *clears throat* well, I guess it's safe to say I'm losin' it......BUT
              IT'S
              > HIS FAULT! ^ - ^;;

              )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))>

              Ruka-chan!! I cannot even begin to tell you how MUCH I can
              relate to you!! I have played the violin going on 7 years now.... My
              orchestra teacher was really tough on me, me only. It was like
              he was out to get me or something. All the time I would practice
              my butt off, take private lessons, anything I could to please him.
              Still, even when I got the highest score in my class, even though I
              stayed in the coveted "concert mistress" position for all of my last
              three years of playing... he would ALWAYS find something wrong
              with what I was doing. One time, I had a solo and one of my
              notes was a little sharp... and keep in mind, this was like a 16th
              note run... he yelled and berated me in front of the ENTIRE class
              until finally I broke down and cried... it was sooo embarassing....
              So, mostly I was a nervous wreck , I was always worrying what
              he would find wrong with what I was doing, but hoping that he
              would praise me, which he almost never did. Even then it was
              always the same thing, "Gina, you are sooo talented. I really
              think that you have a gift, thats why I am so hard on you....blah
              blah blah...." Even though I wanted to quit simply to escape his
              constant verbal abuse, I couldnt for some reason.... I didnt want
              to be a "quitter" and I was afriad of what he could do. It always
              seemed like if something happened between Mr. Orchestra and
              I 0.(which was constantly), most of the faculty found out.... So
              finally my mom put her foot down. She saw that staying in his
              class was really hurting me more than helping me. She refused
              to let me sign up for that class. So now when he sees me he
              gives me these looks of disdain....but I dont care, because I can
              still play the violin without his help. Who needs a$$holes like
              him anyways?
              Woah , it was long.....
            • Gina ¢‰a?\?v
              Message 6 of 25 , Aug 1, 2001
                --- In Sailor_Uranus@y..., Lita486@a... wrote:
                band teacher hates me and thinks I'm a quiter. But if thinks I'm
                gonna
                > die for his sorry @$$ he's got another thing comin'! And if he
                give me
                > another bad look my friends and I are gonna kick a saxaphone
                up his "bottom"
                > *clears throat* well, I guess it's safe to say I'm losin' it......BUT
                IT'S
                > HIS FAULT! ^ - ^;;

                )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))>

[...]
              • Burakkii M
                Message 7 of 25 , Aug 1, 2001
                  I've been helping out at a therapudic camp for little
                  kids all summer, that and chatting with my online
                  girlfriend <dreamy sigh> <clears her throat> ahem,
                  well, that's where I've been, and in a few weeks I'm
                  starting band camp too, I play the mellowphone, a
                  marching french horn in marching band, strange ne?
                  well, anyway, sorry for waisting your time. ja

                  -Bura

                  http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                • EvilDusk00@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 25 , Aug 2, 2001
                    Dangerwhat1984@... writes:

                    << Really? I play Saxaphone too. I'm skipping Band Camp this year (just
                    like
                    every other year) as it is next week and I'm going to Otakon.

                    Danger What >>

                    I wish I could skip band camp and go to Otakon :( Where is Otakon being held
                    anyway? My goal for next year (when I finally get my liscense ::dances::) is
                    to save up a ton of money and go to a con somewhere around here (Western PA)
                    Just none that are in August ^^ Band camp for us is one of those
                    you-don't-go-and-you're-out-of-the-band kind of things. Grr.

                    Alyson
                  • Dangerwhat1984@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 25 , Aug 2, 2001
                      >I've been helping out at a therapudic camp for little
                      >kids all summer, that and chatting with my online
                      >girlfriend <dreamy sigh> <clears her throat> ahem,
                      >well, that's where I've been, and in a few weeks I'm
                      >starting band camp too, I play the mellowphone, a
                      >marching french horn in marching band, strange ne?
                      >well, anyway, sorry for waisting your time. ja
                      >-Bura
                      Sounds cool I guess. Camps never really appealed to me. My brother plays
                      French Horn.

                      Danger What

                    • Dangerwhat1984@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 25 , Aug 2, 2001
                        >I wish I could skip band camp and go to Otakon :( Where is Otakon being held
                        >anyway? My goal for next year (when I finally get my liscense ::dances::) is
                        >to save up a ton of money and go to a con somewhere around here (Western PA)
                        >Just none that are in August ^^ Band camp for us is one of those
                        >you-don't-go-and-you're-out-of-the-band kind of things. Grr.
                        >Alyson
                        Yeah, Otakon is being held in Baltimore, Maryland. I should have my license
                        but I don't. "Ideally", if I skip band camp I whould get kicked out, but
                        not everything always goes to Mr. Cooper's plans. And it's gonna be a total
                        waste. $50 to stay at the school?! Damn, I could stay at home and walk for
                        christ's sake. This years is gonna be a total waste of my time and money.
                        Otakon is so much better.
                        -
                        Danger What

                      • EvilDusk00@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 25 , Aug 2, 2001
                          Dangerwhat1984@... writes:

                          << Yeah, Otakon is being held in Baltimore, Maryland. I should have my
                          license
                          but I don't. "Ideally", if I skip band camp I whould get kicked out, but
                          not everything always goes to Mr. Cooper's plans. And it's gonna be a total
                          waste. $50 to stay at the school?! Damn, I could stay at home and walk for
                          christ's sake. This years is gonna be a total waste of my time and money.
                          Otakon is so much better.
                          -
                          Danger What >>

                          You have to pay for band camp? We just go to the school from 8:30 am til
                          12:30 every weekday. If I had to pay I wouldn't go. (Plus the fact that
                          they're remodling the school..or rather tearing everything down and leaving
                          desks and lockers everywhere. Oh the asbestos! The asbestos! ::rips hair
                          out::)
                          Alyson
                        • Dangerwhat1984@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 25 , Aug 2, 2001
                            >You have to pay for band camp? We just go to the school from 8:30 am til
                            >12:30 every weekday. If I had to pay I wouldn't go. (Plus the fact that
                            >they're remodling the school..or rather tearing everything down and leaving
                            >desks and lockers everywhere. Oh the asbestos! The asbestos! ::rips hair
                            >out::)
                            >Alyson
                            Yeah, it sucks. I'm paying for nothing. They haven't touched the asbestos
                            in our school yet. They just recently added a new addition though.

                            Danger What

                          • EvilDusk00@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 25 , Aug 2, 2001
                              Dangerwhat1984@... writes:

                              << Yeah, it sucks. I'm paying for nothing. They haven't touched the
                              asbestos
                              in our school yet. They just recently added a new addition though.

                              Danger What >>

                              The construction on my school's supposed to be finished fall 2004, but
                              they're already behind 5 weeks in the first phase, which is an 8 week project
                              ::rolls eyes:: Well, what more can you expect from Western Pennsylvania
                              construction workers...
                              Alyson
                              and no offense meant if anybody reading this happens to be a WPA construction
                              worker ^.-
                            • Gina
                              Message 14 of 25 , Aug 2, 2001
                                You have to pay for band camp? We just go to the
                                school from 8:30 am til
                                >12:30 every weekday

                                I think that our school must do it differently from
                                others... I have many friends that are in the marching
                                band @ my highschool, and they have band camp
                                everyday from 8:00am-6:00pm for 1 1/2 weeks before
                                school starts.... If you ask me, that is a little too
                                much... I think its crazy putting people through
                                that, because you are outside the whole day in the hot
                                southern heat... and they have to pay to be put
                                through this torture...Gees, I thought that I had it
                                bad when we had cheer practice outside for 3 hours.....

                                =====
                                Jamata,
                                Gina-chan

                                http://phonecard.yahoo.com/
                              • EvilDusk00@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 25 , Aug 2, 2001
                                  cheer_chica54@... writes:

                                  << I think that our school must do it differently from
                                  others... I have many friends that are in the marching
                                  band @ my highschool, and they have band camp
                                  everyday from 8:00am-6:00pm for 1 1/2 weeks before
                                  school starts.... If you ask me, that is a little too
                                  much... I think its crazy putting people through
                                  that, because you are outside the whole day in the hot
                                  southern heat... and they have to pay to be put
                                  through this torture...Gees, I thought that I had it
                                  bad when we had cheer practice outside for 3 hours..... >>

                                  Ho-ly! that is alot! ours is shorter but it lasts from August 6th til the
                                  24th >< That's a lot longer than any other schools I know. Most are only a
                                  week or 2
                                  Alyson
                                • ChatChickAmy
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Aug 2, 2001
                                    Wow speaking of band camp.. my best friend has been in band camp for two weeks
                                    straight and I'M GOING CRAZY!!!!! Well anyways I know its against club rules to
                                    advertise but I've made a new topsites list for Haruka and Michiru and anyone
                                    can join with a haruka and michiru site.... please join!!! its very pointless
                                    with just my site ^^'
                                    http://www.topsitelists.com/bestsites/chatchickamy/topsites.html

                                    =====
                                    <<>>ChatChickAmy<<>>

                                    ***What?? What do you mean life isn't all that its cracked up to be?!?!***

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Aug 3, 2001
                                      >Ho-ly! that is alot! ours is shorter but it lasts from August 6th til the
                                      >24th >< That's a lot longer than any other schools I know. Most are only a
                                      >week or 2
                                      >Alyson
                                      Ours is one week but all day. And I do mean all day.

                                      Danger What

                                    • Lita486@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Aug 3, 2001
                                        You have to pay for band camp? We just go to the school from 8:30 am til
                                        12:30 every weekday. If I had to pay I wouldn't go. (Plus the fact that
                                        they're remodling the school..or rather tearing everything down and leaving
                                        desks and lockers everywhere. Oh the asbestos! The asbestos! ::rips hair
                                        out::)

                                        ***They're remodeling my school too! They are re-doing the cafeteria and the
                                        auditorium....oh and part of the side walk! We're goin' back to school August
                                        13th and they still haven't finished man!!!!!!!!! We're all gonna DIE! I mean
                                        come ON! It's 110 out here (literally, I mean, I live FREAKIN' AZ YALL) and
                                        we don't even have a place to eat lunch!!! We'll either die from tripping in
                                        a cement pod-whole or of heat stroke!!!!

                                        Ruka-chan

                                      • Lita486@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Aug 3, 2001
                                          You have to pay for band camp?
                                          When I was still in band I went to SCC Music Camp, so of course I had to pay
                                          for that, but that was because it wasn't a "school thang", but the band camp
                                          put on by my school( which I told you all how I droped out of) was from
                                          8:00AM 'til 12:00PM-2:00PM (it differed some times, so of course my head was
                                          killin me!!!!!!!!)

                                        • Lita486@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Aug 3, 2001