Health needs in Siwa

  • **sue**
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2012
      Hello everyone,

      I am writing a report about health needs of ethnic minorities in Egypt. Can anyone provide me with more information about the healthcare status and the health needs of people in Siwa? I really appreciate your help!

      Cheers,
      Sue
    • Amr Mourad
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2012
        Dear Sue
        Thank you for your interest in health needs of populations in Siwa. I have established an NGO called Health For Remote  Areas (HRA) since 2003.  The primary objective of this NGO is to minimize the sufferings of people living in the remote areas of Egypt imposed by the paucity of health services. The NGO has a wealth of experience working in south Sinai and will be happy to organize expedition(s) to Siwa to provide services and training for the local population in health related issues.
        Please let me know if I can help.
        Amr Mourad, MD
        HRA Chairman.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2012
          Hello Sue ,
          I would recommend approaching UNICEF and WHO and the EU and may be SFD ( social fund for development ) besides the other NGOs whether national or international line save the children , care , women relevant organisations affiliated to Arab league ...
          Each if these entities can forward u to others working in siwa
          Of course u need to approach the ministry of health. ( best source is sfd for info and contacts )
          Besides going and interviewing siwa citizens for first hand info ..
          Am not sure what u r looking for exactly but there r tons of places to approach for info ..
          Hope I was of any help ..
          Pls let me know if u need any more help
          Best regards ,
          Dahlia El Noury

          Sent from my iPhone

          On 4 Nov 2012, at 11:25 PM, **sue** <prof_sue314@...> wrote:

          Hello everyone,

          I am writing a report about health needs of ethnic minorities in Egypt. Can anyone provide me with more information about the healthcare status and the health needs of people in Siwa? I really appreciate your help!

          Cheers,
          Sue

        • mounir philips
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2012
            Dear Dr. Amr,
            It is a chance to re-thank you, and all the lovely team who shared in the success of "Ishraq" project for the welfair of South Sinai Bedouins 2007- 2010. Your efforts and leadership can never be denied.
            It will be my pleasure to help in Siwa, if there is a role for me, whether as a Physician OR in the field of Emergency Medical Care Education.
            Best regards,
            Mounir Philips
            EFR Instructor Trainer.

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 12, 2012
              It was my pleasure Dr. Mounir; really. You and the wonderful team who were the pillars of success of Ishraq project.