photos for exhibit

  • lola
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 4, 2009

      Dear Safarists
      I am looking for high quality pictures for the celestial bodies in the Egyptian skies for a joint exhibit at Cultnat.
      Safarists who are into astronomy and photography and who are interested in exhibiting their pictures, please contact me offline..
      Many thanks
      Hala

      Hala Barakat
      Deputy Director CULTNAT

      President
      Nature Conservation Egypt
      10 El Managem wal Mahager st
      Mohandeseen, Giza
      Egypt
      tel +202 33045140
      fax +202 33031584
      www.n
      cegypt.org

    • Maha Ashraf
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 4, 2009
        Hello safarists,

        Can any of safaris professional photographers check the below camera specs and advise if it would suit a beginner for SLR cams?

        Canon Digital Rebel XSi 12.2 MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (Black)
        http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-Camera-18-55mm-3-5-5-6/dp/B0012YA85A/ref=pd_bbs_sr_9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1231099107&sr=8-9

        Thanks
        Maha

        Add maps and directions to your party Show them the way!
      • Hany el Zorkany
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 5, 2009
          Dear Maha,

          This is a good choice for serious armatures or even beginners who want to enjoy photography to far extent. The basics of photography is the same with any camera model and/or brand. yet SLR gives you far more features that you wont find in non-SLR cameras.
          However, the good news is you can use it as easy as any simple point-&-shoot camera while in full Auto mode with the capability of using its all sophisticated features later on when you gain skills.

          Best of Luck

          Hany.
          http://www.hanyphotography.com

          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 5, 2009
            this is a good camera. But it is better to get body only and add a 18-200mm (canon or sigma) lens to it.

            Hesham

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 5, 2009
              If u r going to buy it through the net so its better to check the price grabber as i think it'll grab the best price on the net for you from one of the secured and trusted sites.
              http://www.pricegrabber.com/

              or u can check directly the link for canon digital XSi with and without lenses and accessories on the same site:
              http://cameras.pricegrabber.com/digital/canon+rebel+xsi/p/48/form_keyword=Canon+Digital+Rebel+XSi+/topcat_id=11/st=query/rd=1

              Haytham Sabry

              this is a good camera. But it is better to get body only and add a 18-200mm (canon or sigma) lens to it.

              Hesham

              Can any of safaris professional photographers check the below camera specs and advise if it would suit a beginner for SLR cams?

              Canon Digital Rebel XSi 12.2 MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (Black)
              http://www.amazon. com/Canon- Digital-Camera- 18-55mm-3- 5-5-6/dp/ B0012YA85A/ ref=pd_bbs_ sr_9?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1231099107&sr=8-9

              Thanks
              Maha

              Add maps and directions to your party Show them the way!

            • Amira Abd El-Khalek
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 5, 2009
                Hi Maha,
                I believe it's a very good camera.  I bought a Rebel XT when it first came out - and from Amazon - and i was very satisfied with it.  i also got an XSi for a friend from Amazon.  It is reliable and they have return - and other - policies that guarantee the quality of what you get.

                I got it when i first started taking photos and i feel we have both grown together..

                I was also advised to get a body only and a bigger lens, but the default lenses now are much better than the ones before and they have image stabilizers.  the advantage of the default lens is that you can carry the camera with you anywhere, without making it bulkier than it already is.  when i have my big lens on, it's more difficult to carry around, and it doesn't fit into the leather carry case.

                If you're a beginner, consider the default lens till you get familiar with the camera and with photography and then you can choose to buy, and add, the different lenses you want.
                Amira