William Dennett of Bowdoinham and Martha Douty of Topsham, ME

  • Dave and Connie Jeremiah
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2008
      Recently I located information proving my ancestor, William M. Dennett b.11 May 1817 in Bowdoinham, ME is the son of William Dennett and Martha Douty.  I see that William of Bowdoinham and Martha Douty of Topsham, int. Feb 11, 1816 [cert. Mar. 20] according to Vital Records of Topsham Maine To the Year 1892, Vol.II.   I assume that means intentions were posted on Feb. 11th and that they married on March 20, 1816.  Am I correct?

      Am now trying to find the ancestry of both William Dennett and Martha Douty.  I have found a Patty Douty (daughter of John Douty and Martha Mallett) married to a William Dennett in 1816.  Is it possible that Patty Douty and Martha Douty are the same person?

      Thank you for any assistance.

      Connie Jeremiah
      Oakton, VA