Re: Battery isolator testing

  • stuplich@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 7, 2013
      Michael
      IMO a solid state isolator is "simpler" than the solenoid type.

      You can buy a NOCO solid state isolator for considerably less than a Sure Power.
      I have a 140A NOCO for my 135A alternator.
      They also make a 200A model.
      Example: http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-converters/battery-isolator-noco.htm
      Mel
      '96 Sahara

      --- In Safarifriends@yahoogroups.com, Michael <landtamer@...> wrote:

      > Hi Dale, thanks for the reply.
      >
      > This isn't the simple solenoid type isolator.
      > More like this one for $104.00:
      > http://www.ase-supply.com/Sure_Power_1602_Battery_Isolator_p/sp-1602.htm
      > See the pic in my response to Gary.
      > Someone moved a cable from lug #1 and moved it to lug #2 is my guess to bypass the isolator.
      > Probably because the isolator fried from alt to bat 1.
      > I'm guessing.
      > The alternator has been replaced.
      >
      > '93 Ivory Hi-Tech.
    • Steve
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 23, 2013
        This is kind of what happened to me and it took a few taps of the hammer to loosen the starter to get her going, may try that. Good luck to you.
        Steve
        2000 Serengeti 3126b

        Sent from my iPad