Re: [Safarifriends] toad or no toad

  • TERRY SELVIDGE
    Message 1 of 61 , Feb 12, 2011
      Does anyone out there have a 96 - 30 foot sahara like
      ours. We love it with its 250 cat. Love to hear from you
      thanks Terry and Barb Phoenix az.....

      "TERRY SELVIDGE" <selvidge@...> wrote:

      > Yes without a toad is a real drag..........you need your
      > car......Terry
      >

      > "gamerpv" <anchanrj@...> wrote:
      >> We are newbies to the RV world and have recently
      >>purchased a 01 Safari Panther. Want to use it for some
      >>short trips and a couple of 1-2 week trips for the next
      >>couple of years when we then retire. Then we will
      >>probably take some longer 3-4 week trips, but still come
      >>back to good old sunny So Calif.
      >>
      >> Question is, can we do this without a toad? My plans
      >>would be that if we were somewhere where we needed a car
      >>to do more sightseeing, would arrange from Enterprise or
      >>some other rental place to just rent a car in the area
      >>for a few days. Figured this would be cheaper and easier
      >>for a newbie than towing another 20 feet beyond our 40
      >>foot Panther?
      >>
      >> Anyone do this without pulling a toad? Would welcome
      >>any comments or issues. I believe in some major areas,
      >>some of the parks have shuttles to major tourist sites.
      >>
      >> Any comments or guidance would be appreciated.
      >>
      >> Thanks
      >>
      >> Rick

    • slim_chestnut
      Message 61 of 61 , Feb 21, 2011
        CB can sometimes give you road and travel information if you can stand the level and degree of vulgarity and do not mind having strange folks know you are out there:-)) The language will melt your earwax at times and I would never have it on when my wife or kids are riding with me. I have been solicited for sex more than once when pulling into a truckers stop area on CB. It is a strange world. It is totally unregulated. There are some good CB'rs

        Amateur radio is a licensed service and has a bit higher level of on the air ettiquitte required and established rules for "handling" traffic or messages. Not that HAMS are perfect but...

        You might also try the family radio services radios but they are not much good other than between vehicles. HAM is the way to go and some HAM bands have good coverage nationwide. And you do not have to be as close to a HAM "repeater" to "work" it. And there is usually someone listening to the popular national simplex frequency.

        Slim