Meeting Notes February 10th

  • kings_crown
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2011
      We had 13 machine knitters today. It was great to see all the machines and all the knitters!

      We learned how to make an earflat hat. Fairly easy pattern that can be made in about an hour on the bulky machine.

      Becky also taught us how to make flowers on the knitting machine to decorate our hats or whatever else we want to do with them. She used a technique that she said was in Susan Guagliumi's first book "Hand Manipulated Stitches for Machine Knitters." It was a fairly easy technique also.

      Had a new machine knitter join us today named Sierra. She brought in a LK140 she bought at a thrift store. She wondered if it worked and if she could get some help. Susan jumped in with her expertise and got it working. She gave Sierra tips on how to clean and maintenance the machine for better performance. Hope to see you again Sierra. It was very nice to meet you.

      http://guagliumi.com/pubs_handmanipulatedstitches.html