Re: [SacramentoBookArts] Help!!!!!!!!!!

  • Susanne Ventura
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 14, 2012
      Hi rose
      This is word for word of this scam.  I think I've seen it three or four times.  Please ignore!
      Susanne Ventura

      Sent from my iPad

      On Aug 13, 2012, at 7:50 PM, Rose Smith <rgsmith21@...> wrote:

      I also am skeptic. However, Bobbie Desalernos has been a member of SCTA for many years. However, I am not sure if she is still a member or not but it is interesting to have this request come from one of our present/past members .  Rose Smith

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 14, 2012
        Thanks for the info. I wasn't planning on responding.  I just thought it was interesting that they were using a member's name. I see you answered this via your iPad. If I can ever learn how to use my iPad, I, too, will try to answer email using it.    R.

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 15, 2012
          Remember that Bobby has children. She wouldn't be asking us. I got one of those letters from one of my daughter's old boy friends. He was purportedly in Wales, with everything stolen, but actually had just been in Fresno. A grandfather of one of our members paid out over $7,000.00 to get his grandson out of a Mexican jail, only to learn that he had not been in Mexico at all. Investigate all the sources before you send money!  Frances Taylor
          On Aug 13, 2012, at 7:50 PM, Rose Smith wrote:

          I also am skeptic. However, Bobbie Desalernos has been a member of SCTA for many years. However, I am not sure if she is still a member or not but it is interesting to have this request come from one of our present/past members .  Rose Smith

          I am really sorry to bother you,but we really need your help.We are on a short trip to the United Kingdom,unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel we staying ,everything we had on us was stolen including,cash,credit cards and cell phone.We need help to settle the bills and get back home,I will surely pay back as soon as we get back home.

          Thanks
          Bobbie

        • BonnieD
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 17, 2012
            Yep I got the same message from one of the members from another group. We had just seen her that morning and the message came thru that afternoon. I believe Bobbi needs to change her password on her email and the Spam will stop.